So How Screwed Am I?

• Thread starter Zootedzay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zootedzay

Zootedzay

I did and i came to the conclusion its springtail also just figured a pic verifcation on this post may help someone else. And thank you very much for the help I very much appreciated it! You guys are awesome!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind of mites do you have? Are there only in soil or also on the plant. Are plants showing any damage because of the presence of those mites? Are those mites moving fast or slow? Do they have any spots?

Identify those mites first before you take any further action and start dumping crap in your grow.

Just because they are mites doesn't mean they are the bad guys.

You managed to navigate to the infirmary section now take further action and start educating yourself. On top of the page there are sticky threads, one.of them is about bugs. Have a good read.
go get em.......... lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Springtails. You got healthy soil.
springtails are a sign of a healthy enviro. I agree..... Only thing I would change is keep the enviro a little drier as this s what attracts springtails. But as toasty said they aren't harmful.... just a nuisance

Toaster79

Toaster79

springtails are a sign of a healthy enviro. I agree..... Only thing I would change is keep the enviro a little drier as this s what attracts springtails. But as toasty said they aren't harmful.... just a nuisance

I got puzzled whet he said he's having them on top of the soil and by his description I would think he's been seeing fungus gnats larvae.

Zootedzay

Zootedzay

I actually moved them to my attic yesterday. thats when i found them. Reason i moved them basement was holding at 59 degrees and higher humidity50+ attic gets down to 56 to 60 at night and about 70 during the day at 30 percent humidity. So that may keep things less moist all the time. Plus i think i was watering to much. But this is my first grow in my new house i have a steep learning curve.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Go buy a bag of food grade DE Earth fossilized diomites, sprinkle in your dirt, leave 48 hours water lightly, lightly dust the leave only if you see pests, this is organic, never put poison on something you are going to consume!!!!it will allso add a bit of cal-mag to your plant, God I'm like a broken record.

Zootedzay

Zootedzay

Go buy a bag of food grade DE Earth fossilized diomites, sprinkle in your dirt, leave 48 hours water lightly, lightly dust the leave only if you see pests, this is organic, never put poison on something you are going to consume!!!!it will allso add a bit of cal-mag to your plant, God I'm like a broken record.
wow i just read up on this after you posted thats kinda cool that those fossilized diatoms or whatever they are cut the exoskeleton of the insects

Latest posts

Top Bottom