So im a newbie and i need some help!

• Thread starter LivingTheDream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LivingTheDream

Hello to all.... i am livingthedream, and i am new to this site. I have been lurking around for a few months now, and had to get in on the action. I am a first time grower, and need all the advice i can get. So here we are... I just started a few beans in a drip system under a 225watt T5 CFL. I have a 5x5 walk in closet that i want to turn into a flowering room. I have a decent budget to build on, so that really isnt the issue. I have been lurking and have seen some amazing grows on here. And it seems that some people know a lot more than others. Being a first timer, i dont want to over do it, but on the other side, i feel like its go big or go home. So i want to do it right. I have seen the amazing things that everyone is doing with DoubleD's MPB system, but like i said. I dont want to bite off more than i can chew. So i am open to suggestions as how to set up my 5x5 room. I was thinking Aircooled 1000hps . Smell is a big factor, so carbon scrubber is a for sure. What type of hydro system should i go with? Of course i want to get the most yeild i can in my room. Air conditioner? CO2? Sealed room? Chiller if i have to run a resivor inside my room?

Like i said... I need your help to make the most of what i have. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Hope someone can help guide me in the right direction!!

L

LivingTheDream

Sorry guys... I didnt know that i double posted this topic. Swear i thought i only hit the button once. Newbie mistake.

M

Malachi

Air-Cooled 1000W HPS Lamp w/ atleast 400CFM attached to your scrubber, Portable A/C, I would run a 4x4 Ebb and Flow tray with a 70 Gallon res. and start your plants in 6" rockwool cubes and put them on top of hydroton or coco mat run a SOG or SCROG to optomize your yield. You probally wont need a chiller if your portable AC can maintain temperatures in the mid 70's, but a chiller would be optimal like a 1/4HP and keep your res temps at around 68-70. Run like 16-plants in there and it will be perfect. Check out this thread, it is basically exactly what you would be running.

L

LivingTheDream

Thanks Jammie. Your buckets look awesome. I thought about doing something like that at one point. But people say DWC is not for beginers. Might have to try one and see how it goes. I appreciate the input. Malachi, thanks for all of the information you share on this site. I have been watching your SCROG in the tent and it is looking awesome! I hope to have something as beautiful of my own. Do you think i will have to worry about smell from the exhaust of the portable A/C? I was reading in another section about portable A/C and heard people talking about it, but no one really gave a solid solution as how to contain it. Oh... and thanks for the link!!

Thanks for the heads up lifecycle

Latest posts

Top Bottom