So Many Options

• Thread starter Newbie77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Dont forget about the samsung strip builds.

That is the direction I am thinking when i do led.

Yes that’s another level yet. The main purpose of the strips is to more evenly distribute the light over the given area. Quantum boards tend to group them in panels which can create shaded areas as the light is directed downward. I know you know this already I’m just informing the OP btw.

N

Newbie77

Yes that’s another level yet. The main purpose of the strips is to more evenly distribute the light over the given area. Quantum boards tend to group them in panels which can create shaded areas as the light is directed downward. I know you know this already I’m just informing the OP btw.
Wow I have a lot more research to do sigh...... and I thought this was gonna be easy.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
HLG just came out with some strips. The only problem is they are a little more work vs buying a quantum board fixture. Strips usually require some kind of frame to attach them to. With quantum boards you can get them fully assembled somyou just plug and play. Check out horticulture lighting groups website.

N

Newbie77

Can you suggest some get the job done right quantum boards. I am finding this overwhelming. Lmao

N

Newbie77

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

can somebody explain to me why on ledgardner all the 5x5 use 2 drivers not a 600w driver. reason i am askign is i am building mine to fit both 3x4 and 4x4 spaces as i need the versatility. my dimensions were gonna be 30"x48" approx. i was gonna use in a 3x4 flower space eventuall move it to a 4x4 and after that a 4x8 using two of these.. please advise:

10x Samsung F-Series LT-FB22B 4′ https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=SI-B8V521B20WW
1x meanwell HLG-600H-48B
**my issue is this uses 2 xtra strips than the sample 4x4 build on led gardner and will require a second driver or a bigger drever. i decided to look at their 5x5 builds to see which driver if i wanted just one, but they all use 2 drivers. i would rather use one per light if feasable.
so is there a reason i should not be doing this single driver for those 10 strips? also can i get away with aluminum channel only no heatsinks with this build? if so how thick for the aluminum? mytemporary closet flower room runs pretty cool now with around 600w real draw of mars hydro lights(4 in total) and too hot with my 600w hps to give you folks of the temp situation. basically i should be fine temp wise in the room, just wanna know if there is an issue with build itself

Latest posts

Top Bottom