So many questions. so lost.

• Thread starter melindadawn5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

melindadawn5

I'm getting my card tuesday, august 2nd. I've read laws and rules and can't make heads or tails of most of them and have a few questions about everything.

1. How many caregivers and gowers can you have if you have a medical card? (is it just one caregiver and one grower per card holder??)
2. Are you able to have a caregiver/grower AND grow yourself?
3. How do I set up a deal with a grower (or even find one) to where I don't have to pay for my medication?
4. Is this law the current one regarding how many plants you can have...
475.320 Limits on amounts possessed. (1)(a) A registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may possess up to six mature marijuana plants and 24 ounces of usable marijuana (&) ‎(4)(a) A registry identification cardholder and the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may possess a combined total of up to 18 marijuana seedlings or starts as defined by rule of the Oregon Health Authority.

Thank you for your help!

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

1.You need only one card for yourself.Caregivers grow for others and get a different card. 2. No 3. Not pay,nothing is free. 4. Depends were u at,most say keep it under 99 Fed law.

M

melindadawn5

not true. (in oregon). the last year I have found many growers who are willing to give you medical herb for free. if you get six blooming plants per grow (3-4 months) most growers are willing to give you two of the six plants they get, the laws I just read state that ALL SIX plants in bloom, along with any seeds, stems etc belong to the card holder and if any compensation is given it is for costs to grow and store. meaning, a grower makes a TON of money off you if they keep four of the six plants that are in bloom under the cardholders name. therefor yes. nothing is free. the person losing even in this example is the cardholder, when, if it wasn't for the card holder, the grower would be out of crops.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I'm getting my card tuesday, august 2nd. I've read laws and rules and can't make heads or tails of most of them and have a few questions about everything.

1. How many caregivers and gowers can you have if you have a medical card? (is it just one caregiver and one grower per card holder??)
2. Are you able to have a caregiver/grower AND grow yourself?
3. How do I set up a deal with a grower (or even find one) to where I don't have to pay for my medication?
4. Is this law the current one regarding how many plants you can have...
475.320 Limits on amounts possessed. (1)(a) A registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may possess up to six mature marijuana plants and 24 ounces of usable marijuana (&) ‎(4)(a) A registry identification cardholder and the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may possess a combined total of up to 18 marijuana seedlings or starts as defined by rule of the Oregon Health Authority.

Thank you for your help!

1. You can be a caregiver to as many ppl you want. I currently am a caregiver for 14 ppl.
A grower may only have 4 patients total, including themself. 18 plants veg below 12 inches either way. 6 plants flowering per patient. 24 plants total per patient.

2. No, you cannot have a grower/caregiver and grow yourself. Only 1 person is the designated Grower. This is in case the patient is handicapped for example. They would need a "Caregiver" to take care of there medecine, this includes transporting. The Caregiver can be designated as the Grower also but is pointless.

3. Good luck. It cost's money to grow, too many patients are dipping out on there grower's without notice. Very sketchy situation.

4. Refer to answer #1

Good luck on your adventures. Just keep it under 99 plants if you have more than 1 grower per address. Which you did not ask. You can have as many growers per address you want, but to keep it under fed law have under 99 plants.

S

Sea Of Green

1. One caregiver and/or grower for each registered patient.
2. No, a patient can be the grower and care for his/her self without a caregiver. Or the patient can have someone else as a grower and/or caregiver.
3. (7) A registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may reimburse the person responsible for a marijuana grow site for the costs of supplies and utilities associated with the production of marijuana for the registry identification cardholder. No other costs associated with the production of marijuana for the registry identification cardholder, including the cost of labor, may be reimbursed. [2005 c.822 §8; 2007 c.573 §2; 2009 c.595 §966]
4. Simple answer, yes, IF you are the patient AND the grower FOR ONLY YOURSELF.

J

jOEL rX

I had gone on meetup.com and signed up for the oregon medical marijuana group. I posted my interest in finding a grower.

I expected to have to pay some money for growing costs but the first person to contact me said he didn't charge his patients anything. He told me he was in south Oregon and I told him that I would have a problem driving down there for every pick up, but he told me all of his patients were in Portland and he delivers every four months.

So....after we agreed to be patient/grower, I was contacted by at least 3-4 people who were asking for donations for their growing costs.

Long story short - some people will ask for donations costs, but if you hold out, you will find a grower that doesn't ask for reimbursements.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I get so sick of hearing how caregivers make a ton of money off of patients cards, it doesn't work that way, never did, never will...this is the exact same arc we have seen in EVERY med state, caregivers stack patients, patients are never happy and always want somethiig for free, caregivers get fed up and kick them to the curb..

Sucks if you loose a harvest, and it happens, your patients will want you to go to the despensary or other caregivers and buythem meds, with your own money mind you, your their caregiver after all, its your responsibility and believe me that is how most of them look at it, you owe them because they gave you their plant count. I have been cussed out by a patient because I woukld drive an hour to give them an 1/8th till they got paid. Because they are all convinced you are makin a killin off their extra plants and finished product you are always a odds with them, especially when you see patients up there claim a plant is worth $4820.00, that was some of the funniest shit I have read yet but believe me every patient that you have believes you are makin $25,000 off every flip of their plants and they want their piece.

The only benifit to having a caregiver is that if you don't grow you can still get quality meds at a reasonable price, there is absolutely zero benifit to the grower/caregiver for having a patient except a pain in the ass.

Been there done that

Yall will figure it out soon enough, patients shoppin caregivers for a bigger better deal that never even happens anyways and changin caregivers constantly without even tellin you, next thing you know you get a notice of cahnge in caregiver status and your plant counts abd dry wieghts are all off. There were despensaries and caregivers here that claimed to have 1000's of patients and operated under the guidelines for those patients but when the state actully audited the cards, they only had a couple 100's actual patients still registered with them. Some people would would change caregivers 5 or 6 times a week just to get the entry level deal for signin over you plants.

It really is a natrual arc, yall are just were we were 3 or 4 years ago and it will more than likely go exactly the way it did here and trust me, you can never make a patient happy and that ends up bringin the whole thing chrashin down with everyone being pissed off because the patient thinks your gettin rich and that you owe them and the grower gettin pissed off because the patients think they owe them...never works

The patient/caregiver model doesn't really work in the real world, sounds good on paper but in practical application its a trainwreck.

My .02

Tex

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
I had gone on meetup.com and signed up for the oregon medical marijuana group. I posted my interest in finding a grower.

I expected to have to pay some money for growing costs but the first person to contact me said he didn't charge his patients anything. He told me he was in south Oregon and I told him that I would have a problem driving down there for every pick up, but he told me all of his patients were in Portland and he delivers every four months.

So....after we agreed to be patient/grower, I was contacted by at least 3-4 people who were asking for donations for their growing costs.

Long story short - some people will ask for donations costs, but if you hold out, you will find a grower that doesn't ask for reimbursements.

Thats because your grower is growing 10 pound trees and giving you about 1/10th of 1 plant. lol It don't cost to much to grow in the sun if your in the right place and if they are any kind of farmer they are getting between 30 to 60 lbs from your six plants outside. :sign0065:If they were charging for this then you should be pissed. I wonder why all there patcients are in Portland. Could it be they don't want you to see how much your plants are producing and take it for your own as the law says? All plants are yours not theres. Thats one reason I don't like to take on new people. To many think a green card entitles them to something other then what it is. It only protects you from prosicution on a state level if you are compliant. It does not entitle you to anything else. The laws need some up dating for sure. Its to utopian right now. It cost between 80 bucks on the low side to well over several hundred per oz to produce indoor crops. How or why would anyone do this for free? If your grower comes through for you then congradulations. Just rember he is not doing it for free he is making a killing. He is not doing it out of the goodness of there heart. Its for the buck. I would hope they would bring it to you for alowing them legal protection to produce there ranch payment. Peace

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
:banana1sv6::banana1sv6:
I get so sick of hearing how caregivers make a ton of money off of patients cards, it doesn't work that way, never did, never will...this is the exact same arc we have seen in EVERY med state, caregivers stack patients, patients are never happy and always want somethiig for free, caregivers get fed up and kick them to the curb..

Sucks if you loose a harvest, and it happens, your patients will want you to go to the despensary or other caregivers and buythem meds, with your own money mind you, your their caregiver after all, its your responsibility and believe me that is how most of them look at it, you owe them because they gave you their plant count. I have been cussed out by a patient because I woukld drive an hour to give them an 1/8th till they got paid. Because they are all convinced you are makin a killin off their extra plants and finished product you are always a odds with them, especially when you see patients up there claim a plant is worth $4820.00, that was some of the funniest shit I have read yet but believe me every patient that you have believes you are makin $25,000 off every flip of their plants and they want their piece.

The only benifit to having a caregiver is that if you don't grow you can still get quality meds at a reasonable price, there is absolutely zero benifit to the grower/caregiver for having a patient except a pain in the ass.

Been there done that

Yall will figure it out soon enough, patients shoppin caregivers for a bigger better deal that never even happens anyways and changin caregivers constantly without even tellin you, next thing you know you get a notice of cahnge in caregiver status and your plant counts abd dry wieghts are all off. There were despensaries and caregivers here that claimed to have 1000's of patients and operated under the guidelines for those patients but when the state actully audited the cards, they only had a couple 100's actual patients still registered with them. Some people would would change caregivers 5 or 6 times a week just to get the entry level deal for signin over you plants.

It really is a natrual arc, yall are just were we were 3 or 4 years ago and it will more than likely go exactly the way it did here and trust me, you can never make a patient happy and that ends up bringin the whole thing chrashin down with everyone being pissed off because the patient thinks your gettin rich and that you owe them and the grower gettin pissed off because the patients think they owe them...never works

The patient/caregiver model doesn't really work in the real world, sounds good on paper but in practical application its a trainwreck.

My .02

Tex

What he said. Wish I could grow 4280 dollar plants thats like 25,ooo thousand dollars every 2 months for my 6 plants add a patcient and thats 50,ooo dollars every 2 months less there oz a month lets see thats like 49,800 bucks every 2 months times 6 times a year = like almost 350,000 dollars a year. :mad0233: I knew them there growers were ripping people off. lol thats some funny shit alright. Not even close to reality, I know some growers in warehouses with many many many patcients and they aren't even close to that. Peace

Breeder

Breeder

good way to get folks talking

There are always different situations for growers and patients. Some growers have the time and personal resources to work for free and give you the meds you want for nothing which is a blessing. Then there are the majority of growers who do need some help with grow costs and bills associated with a grow. Personaly I grow for a few other ommp patients who aren't able to grow for themselves. I give them meds for free but they understand the huge costs to my personal life and bank roll so they try to pitch in out of respect. I disagree with the comment about outdoors being free. There are a lot of varients involved in a outdoor grow. I dug holes 6 feet deep and 6 ft wide and long. These were backfilled with amended roots organic and harvest moon soils. Compost was purchased,covering,water,molassas,sprays,buckets,fencing,security etc. Imagine the cost of filling just one hole with that much soil and amendment?! Plants were started inside a few months before so I fed those,lit them,watered them etc. I do things this way because I fear residual contaminants in the soil and want to grow clean green meds and also go for good yields.

The reason I say any of this stuff is to paint a better picture of some things that growers do that cost money. Even growers like myself who charge nothing don't mind a pat on the back or a plate of cookies now and then. It's great to help others especially when they understand how hard you work and respect you for it.

:banana1sv6:
Breeder

A

Aardvark

The reality of the situation as I see it, is there are crappy patients and crappy growers.
I am a care provider for my mother and her grower gives me 4oz every 2 months to give to her, if he is late he adds a little....if (God forbid) something happens to his crop he brigs 6oz of the old to hold til next crop.
The big problem I see is the lack of communication between the grower and patient.
When I got my new patient I let them know a few things up front; a plant takes 30 days from seed to get big enough to even think about flowering, flowering takes 8-9 weeks depending on genetics....so (patient) it will be at least 90 days from the time I have your card before I can give you anything.
Lights are where the big cost comes in....the electricity can run $600 a month for a good system which comes from the growers pocket, which is why they hate greedy patients.
A good grower should give the patient 1.5oz a month and the care provider .5oz a month. Trim should be split with the care provider and grower for: bubble hash, butter, tincture, etc
A good patient should not ask where the rest goes and be happy they don't share electricity costs.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

All I can say on the matter is this. If you think that growers are just raking in tons and tons of money on the backs of patients you are seriously seriously wrong. I heard this from some whiny bitch today. "he has blah blah blah plants and I'm only get this little bit". People have no fucking clue how much time, money and EFFORT it takes. Why is it that someone just decides because they have a card that says that they can legally carry weed that all of a sudden it is supposed to be free for them? I mean, the audacity of it all "here dude, grow my weed for me". Ohhh.. let me get right on that buddy.

I treat my patients (I have two) very very well. However, they do indeed give me money for their meds. "Why should anything be free?" -- their exact words. I had the one guy come over 6 months ago for harvest, trim, hang, clean up session. 3 hours in he was like, "dude, fuck this". I said "what are you talking about? we still have 300 liters of hydroton to carry upstairs, dry, screen, and rinse." Then we have to bleach the grow room. We are talking an 8 hour grind here. "this is the "joy of gardening" I laughed. guy gave me $400 next time I saw him.

Sorry to vent. I'm happy as a grower and my patients are very cool. There are ALLOT of douchebags in the OMMP program. Just like anything I guess. But there seems to be an awful lot of sniveling and whiniing and just stupid ass drama. In my experience, if you have the money to pay for your meds, then you are less likely to get caught up in the drama.

vRikuu

vRikuu

Medical Marijuana Procurement

The reality of the situation as I see it, is there are crappy patients and crappy growers.
I am a care provider for my mother and her grower gives me 4oz every 2 months to give to her, if he is late he adds a little....if (God forbid) something happens to his crop he brigs 6oz of the old to hold til next crop.
The big problem I see is the lack of communication between the grower and patient.
When I got my new patient I let them know a few things up front; a plant takes 30 days from seed to get big enough to even think about flowering, flowering takes 8-9 weeks depending on genetics....so (patient) it will be at least 90 days from the time I have your card before I can give you anything.
Lights are where the big cost comes in....the electricity can run $600 a month for a good system which comes from the growers pocket, which is why they hate greedy patients.
A good grower should give the patient 1.5oz a month and the care provider .5oz a month. Trim should be split with the care provider and grower for: bubble hash, butter, tincture, etc
A good patient should not ask where the rest goes and be happy they don't share electricity costs.
This is how it should be. I like deals like this. A good grower should be able to produce 2oz (a month for free) for the patient. If you cannot achieve a yield of 30 to 40oz with six mature plants and 12 seedling waiting in the wings you are a sorry grower. Try Big Bud or Northern Lights.
Either one alone will provide 2oz (A MONTH) for the patient. Then you can be compensated for your supplies and utilities with the rest. To me that is a very fair deal all the way around.:cool0019:

Top Bottom