So many questions..

• Thread starter andy107
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

andy107

Ok so first off, the whole breeding process confuses me lol. I have some Dj Short True Blueberry F2s and some NL#5, i noticed in the thread "Origins of Blueberry, Flo, and others by DJ Short" that the BB and NL#5 were crossed together. So i was wondering what would i get if i bred mine together? would that be a BX or something like that? Also being that my true BBs are F2s does that make them not as good? Very noobish questions i kno lol sorry!

Here is the link to the thread i am referring to:

D

dailychronic

a BX is when you cross an off spring with an original parent. You are backcrossing the DNA with the original. If you bred those two plants together you would get an F1 of Blueberry X NL #5, F2 means that those true blueberry were bred one more generation with brothers and sisters from the same parents.

Who knows what you are going to get when you breed them? Most breeders breed for a purpose, say to enhance yield, resin, flavor, things like that. Or if the plant is Sativa and they want to shorten the flowering period. It is fun to breed plants and to see what you get, you never know and might get something super dank, or you could get some weak no flavor phenos. I would assume that since you said True Blue already has some NL in it that maybe more of the plants would be closer to NL but that would depend on how much NL is in the Blueberry and how dominate traits it's DNA has. I say go for it and see what you get, but I wouldn't make a mound of seeds, just enough to test.

Not a super breeder just a hobbyist so if something I said was incorrect hopefully someone will correct me.

A

andy107

lol hey man you know more than i did, thanks this helps. Ill probably end up breeding them eventually and we will see what happens. Thanks again.

A

acubus

Didn't think DJ's BB had NL#5 in it. Afghani and Thai I thought. Assuming your NL#5 is legit anything you cross to it would make F1 seeds.

A

acubus

Didn't think DJ's BB had NL#5 in it. Afghani and Thai I thought. Assuming your NL#5 is legit anything besides NL#5 you cross to it would make F1 seeds.

Top Bottom