So, what did you boys and girls do today? Me, I...

• Thread starter cheyenne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheyenne

framed out my new 12 x 26 x 8 flip 12k watt x 2 flip flop room. Went to lowes to pick up some more 16's and scored a fridgedaire 25k btu ac unit for $499. Pretty stoked. Im going to build a plenum room on top to house the ac unit and vent it outside with a 12" elicient fan. I'll have auto dampners off either side of the plenum box that will evacuate the cold air into which ever room is lit up thru a 8" duct. Ill be running my hybrid style ScROG in here.
I'll try to get some pics up as it comes together this week, which is going to be a busy one between business meetings, a harvest from my other room and this build.....no rest for the best!

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Same thing I do everyday Pinky!! Try and take over the WORLD!! LOL!! Work as usual,never ending!!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sounds like fun! I dig the window unit conversion idea with the dampers. Just make sure that you have some kind of fresh air intake into the AC back side area. How's about some progress pics when you take a breather from the build?
Thanks. Keep up the good work,

-TF

C

cheyenne

Sounds like fun! I dig the window unit conversion idea with the dampers. Just make sure that you have some kind of fresh air intake into the AC back side area. How's about some progress pics when you take a breather from the build?
Thanks. Keep up the good work,

-TF

Thanks. Ill try to get some pics up but my camera is finicky at best and i poach a wifi sig so my bandwidth is pretty limited....Unfortunately for me math is nit my forte...the room is 3" wider then i planned and hence i have to rip a bunch of 3" strips of decking today...taking a break for some calories...

Y

yamama

sounds good wish you the best of luck with it. you were alot more productive than me, i made some oil then spent the rest of the day heavily medicated lol

C

cheyenne

Wow that was a bunch of work and sorry no pics yet. Anyway a little bit on my cooling system.
I built a 4x4x4 plenum box in front of the cool air exchange. The entire system is on top of the garden room. I had 2 x 10" dayton axial fans (663 cfm) pulling air out of the plenum and trying to cool the lights....it wasnt working. I fiddled around with a bunch of things and still the temps were hitting the high 90's ( no plants in the room yet). Finally last night after medicating it it me....i was creating positive pressure vs negative pressure. This morning i got up, flipped on of the fans around turned the lights on and watched the temperature plummet to 80 degrees.....I love it when a pipe dream comes together.

Freak out....

Latest posts

Top Bottom