so whats the deal w/ Alaska MorBloom?

• Thread starter SpOnGe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpOnGe

So i've been noticing good and bad comments about Alaska MorBloom. Ive been reading not to use it with my FF soil. Supposedly MorBloom will kill off my microbes... I asked the peops at a local nursery and they couldn't see it doing much harm if any at all.
Anyway, i picked up a bottle for $8.
Yup, not 80, 40, or even 20, shit was 8 friggin bucks!
I plan on using it as directed which is every 10-14 days for indoor.
But ill start off by giving 1/2 the recommended dosage.

I mainly bought it as a supplement to supplement my supplements, right?
That was weird...
But yeah, i listed my supps on a diff thread.
I haven't got them yet but they are:

1) Sunleaves - Indonesian Bat Gauno (high P)
2) Worm Gold Plus - Worm Casting
3) Dr. Earth - Kelp Meal
4) Brer Rabbit - Molasses
5) Superthrive

Anyhow, id like to read your opinions on my list.
Please inform me on what i should add, or take out.

My babies are still babies, and are barley finishing up their 2nd week. So, im hearing i need a good foundation? Or is the OF & HF a good foundation already?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The OF/HF blend will have plenty of nutrients until your plants are at least 3-4 weeks old, depending on how heavy they feed. I've had bad experience putting little ones in it too soon, as it's a little hot for tiny plants. You'll need to add dolomite lime and a source of potassium to your list of soil amendments.

S

SpOnGe

Thats what i was thinking, considering FF says that itll feed the plants for up to 30 days. Not waiting that long tho to supp.
I was hoping that the Kelp Meal, and Molasses would mostly take care of the Potash supplementation...
But are you saying that it'll need alil more?
I was thinking of maybe adding GreenSand?
Wutchu think?

S

Spliff-killa

Mor-bloom= cheap, effective. Not the best you can buy. Thats about it. Not ORMI, so if you are looking for full organics, not the place to look. If you are using Bat shit, why would you use Mor-bloom? BS is good enough with the other supps you are using, but use it if it works for you. I've used it and it works.

Dorje

Dorje

One more post sponge...

I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself, until you have it down, choose a feeding plan (that is proven to work) and stick with it. If you want to save money, buy Age Old Grow, Bloom, and a bottle of molasses (for the extra K). This is all you need to grow high quality organic buds and the nute line is VERY inexpensive.

The other thing I'd recommend is a simple soil test kit, for about $20 you can get a kit that tests N-P-K and pH. Use it before you water every time and keep track of your nute and pH levels so you get an idea of what's going on rather than guessing....

S

stonedar

some people don't like it because it's not a sustainable fish product, i've used it with success

S

SpOnGe

So ive been using MorBloom along with their Fish emulsion product in a rotating regimen/menu for my plants and i'd have to say that these two work great together... I use different values according to plant size and basically whether they where vegging or like now, flowering... Maybe not the "best", but definitely not stooooopid:confused0054:expensive.

Top Bottom