So Whats The First The Step Someone Does To Aquire A Card In Cali?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

if someone is moving to california, i understand they have to go see a doc or clinic to get a medical card but how many plants does that allow? how do you get the cards that allow you to grow high number of plants?

Blaze

Blaze

If you are over 21, anyone in California can grow 6 plants now, you do not need a recommendation from a doctor. If you want to get a medical rec you just need an ID that shows you are a California resident if I remember right. Usually costs between $40 and $120 depending on who you go through. Getting an 'official' state issued medical card is optional, and due to the extra expense, most people do not bother. In fact I have never once seen nor met anyone who actually has one.

Growing more plants is very much a grey area still, technically a doctor can recommend a higher amount consistent with your medical needs. However the majority of the state has banned commercial cultivation for both medical and recreational use, so VERY few areas will allow you to grow more than 6 plants. It comes down to a city by city or county by county basis. If you do manage to get a doctor to recommend a higher number, good luck getting the local authorities to respect or honor that if they come knocking....

Most areas of the state that have not banned it outright are moving towards permit programs. Again very few areas in the state allow for this, and not very many counties and cities have permit programs in place yet. If you do go for a permit be prepared to pay a lot in fees and taxes, and to deal with a lot of red tape.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
if someone is moving to california, i understand they have to go see a doc or clinic to get a medical card but how many plants does that allow? how do you get the cards that allow you to grow high number of plants?
Plant counts for patients just got screwed bad... just be 21 now and F the patients. ... you get 6... did i mention i hate this state?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not anymore! How many are allowed for patients has been being restricted in the state for some years now, Prop 64 didn't make it any worse than court rulings did. In any event, that's a matter for the local municipality you land in moreso than what you and your recommending doctor decide.

vangs

vangs

Not anymore! How many are allowed for patients has been being restricted in the state for some years now, Prop 64 didn't make it any worse than court rulings did. In any event, that's a matter for the local municipality you land in moreso than what you and your recommending doctor decide.
meaning what? its diffrent plant count in diffrent counties? well how are all the growers up north able to have large 60 plant plus farms every year??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
meaning what? its diffrent plant count in diffrent counties? well how are all the growers up north able to have large 60 plant plus farms every year??
Many are doing it illegally, if they're still doing it at all. Yes, different allowed counts in each county, according to how their BOS decided (if not, then state laws would apply, most have made a decision). This has been the scenery for many, many years so I'm sorry, but anyone who insists 64 somehow made things worse has been living in a bubble of privilege.

L

L2J1

If you are over 21, anyone in California can grow 6 plants now, you do not need a recommendation from a doctor. If you want to get a medical rec you just need an ID that shows you are a California resident if I remember right. Usually costs between $40 and $120 depending on who you go through. Getting an 'official' state issued medical card is optional, and due to the extra expense, most people do not bother. In fact I have never once seen nor met anyone who actually has one.

Growing more plants is very much a grey area still, technically a doctor can recommend a higher amount consistent with your medical needs. However the majority of the state has banned commercial cultivation for both medical and recreational use, so VERY few areas will allow you to grow more than 6 plants. It comes down to a city by city or county by county basis. If you do manage to get a doctor to recommend a higher number, good luck getting the local authorities to respect or honor that if they come knocking....

Most areas of the state that have not banned it outright are moving towards permit programs. Again very few areas in the state allow for this, and not very many counties and cities have permit programs in place yet. If you do go for a permit be prepared to pay a lot in fees and taxes, and to deal with a lot of red tape.

Geopv916

Geopv916

My local let's me grow 24 per person up to two people per household so I'm allowed 48. One of the issues for numbers being regulated is for outside growers in my county where each growing 100-200 whatever dr allowed and many and I mean many got caught selling to gangs or people without medicinal needs who then moved it out of the state

S

Sgrowdum

My local let's me grow 24 per person up to two people per household so I'm allowed 48. One of the issues for numbers being regulated is for outside growers in my county where each growing 100-200 whatever dr allowed and many and I mean many got caught selling to gangs or people without medicinal needs who then moved it out of the state

Where is your "local" located?

Top Bottom