So.....why Are You Here??

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

I know what you are thinking Duh!!! Marijuana.....

I am talking about why are you here NOW!! I remember when I first came to this site. I lurked a year before joining and lurked another year after becoming a member of this community. I didn't know shit about growing and spent most of my time in grow room construction and the cannabis infirmary.

I learned very quickly not all info was accurate or correct. It seemed the peeps many times willing to help were beginners like myself with very little experience and many times giving advise that made things worse. I don't blame these people as they were really trying to help. It took a while how to differ the good advise from the bad. I even caught myself trying to give advise on things I really didn't know much about.

After a few months I figured out who knew their shit and finally got dialed in. Today I don't ever go to those places and rarely give advise.

I then moved on to trying to network myself and wanted to get to know and meet other local growers. This turned out to be one of the smartest things I have done since I started growing. I have made many friends local and around the world with like interests. I also became part of the "IN" crowd and have had some great times with those folks.

I also networked and was able to get and grow some pretty good strains with excellent genetics. I continue to strive to do this as there is always something new and different I want to grow. It is funny how great strains now fall into my lap.

The last couple of years I tend to hang out with peeps my age and select growers with whom I socially enjoy conversing with on a daily basis. I also took a two year walk about to other destinations. But, have ended up here again. I like this place and most on here.

Today I am in a happy place. I know what I am doing and what I want...... I enjoy coming here to talk to like minded peeps as I tend to always want to talk about the plant I love and it keeps me entertained.

That is why I am here......how about you????

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm here cause reddit ain't as much fun :D
This is the pokemon section, right?

Farmersonly.com rejected my application, something about tea bags being against the rules or something, that's what brought me.

I have been the beneficiary of many things here, what I find valuable is others. Other points of view, Other ways of life, Other ways to look at things, Other ways I can look at my life and how I live and see how I can contribute while I am here. I have met and formed new friendships and bonds with folks I never would have encountered otherwise. For that I am forever thankful.

I thought I was a bit weird and then I came here and you sick fucks make me feel normal. I'm happy and lucky even though I bitch a lot.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Pokemon
For shits n giggles as a old time grower, got to love how the new generation is growing.
How are we to reach the stars when we as a civilization or the newer generation are not so bright
Younger people are entitled assholes, a product of our lazy culture. Some days I am a part of that group, but I have more in common with the 'get off my lawn' crowd now.

I think I just really despise guys wearing skinny jeans. I don't understand it at all.

edit-This, I get.

Last edited:
putembk

putembk

Special thanks to some on here that have helped me the most. Texas Kid, Seamaiden, Caregiver Ken and Farmer John. Thanks to Chicken Man, Sky High, Out West for their hospitality. And ttystikk for the cuts....but most of all Cannarado for the good times, and cuts. Wish I had some of them back. Hope you are all doing well.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Im here to be a sponge take and take in everything I can. I also really enjoy the connections and friends I have made here in real life and online.you wouldn't believe the hospitality some farmers out there have for a punk ass 26yr old like myself . This site has changed my life in ways I could have never imagined not to mention my seed vault is pretty stacked right now with amazing creations made right here in Colorado!

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Im here to be a sponge take and take in everything I can. I also really enjoy the connections and friends I have made here in real life and online.you wouldn't believe the hospitality some farmers out there have for a punk ass 26yr old like myself . This site has changed my life in ways I could have never imagined not to mention my seed vault is pretty stacked right now with amazing creations made right here in Colorado!
26 years old Dam your young i mean by the time you were born i already was married and divorced haha
Dam you know your getting old when :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya just had to ask....
So here it go's
For me it's good therapy..
I know I post a lot, hard for me not too.
I am sure for some it gets old.
Been on here 5 years lots have come and gone..
I am just one lucky MOFO to have survived my many demons..
A major Grinding head on drunk driving collision, several other crashes, several DUI s, divorce, loss of friends, loss of jobs, suicidal thoughts, was a liar, thief, jailed a few times, 2 30 day rehabs, almost gave up all hope..
the odds of making 15 years without a drop are pretty stacked against oneself, not many make it..
So I use this place as a journal for my own good to see first hand and to reflect upon over the years, and share with others that no matter what you may be going thru there is hope...
Was told 15 plus years ago my liver was very fatty and only approx. 20% functional.
I had an ulcer hemorrhage on me one night and almost bled out..
Unless you do this and do that go here 6 to 12 months...
Kept with it till I stepped foot on this little place shortly after and a miracle happened..
A vow was made and to this day it holds strong..
Took almost 10 years to fully gain back full liver function and my liver is 100% and my health is outstanding..
So this is why I am here.
I am not attempting to force my lifestyle on anybody. I am not better than anyone else here just one lucky blessed insane real life small scale sometimes struggling farmer who's wildest dreams came true...
I am over sensitive at times and may lash out sorry bout that, but I know I finally can say it's ok to be The Chickenman he for once is alright...

Freshone

Freshone

Special thanks to some on here that have helped me the most. Texas Kid, Seamaiden, Caregiver Ken and Farmer John. Thanks to Chicken Man, Sky High, Out West for their hospitality. And ttystikk for the cuts....but most of all Cannarado for the good times, and cuts. Wish I had some of them back. Hope you are all doing well.
Too bad most of those guys are gone for one reason or another now putembk,out of 9 named i think 2 or 3 are still regular posters here?I'll add a few,Jackmayoffer,G.o.d.,Waayne,Motherlode and the list goes on and on sadly.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ya just had to ask....
So here it go's
For me it's good therapy..
I know I post a lot, hard for me not too.
I am sure for some it gets old.
Been on here 5 years lots have come and gone..
I am just one lucky MOFO to have survived my many demons..
A major Grinding head on drunk driving collision, several other crashes, several DUI s, divorce, loss of friends, loss of jobs, suicidal thoughts, was a liar, thief, jailed a few times, 2 30 day rehabs, almost gave up all hope..
the odds of making 15 years without a drop are pretty stacked against oneself, not many make it..
So I use this place as a journal for my own good to see first hand and to reflect upon over the years, and share with others that no matter what you may be going thru there is hope...
Was told 15 plus years ago my liver was very fatty and only approx. 20% functional.
I had an ulcer hemorrhage on me one night and almost bled out..
Unless you do this and do that go here 6 to 12 months...
Kept with it till I stepped foot on this little place shortly after and a miracle happened..
A vow was made and to this day it holds strong..
Took almost 10 years to fully gain back full liver function and my liver is 100% and my health is outstanding..
So this is why I am here.
I am not attempting to force my lifestyle on anybody. I am not better than anyone else here just one lucky blessed insane real life small scale sometimes struggling farmer who's wildest dreams came true...
I am over sensitive at times and may lash out sorry bout that, but I know I finally can say it's ok to be The Chickenman he for once is alright...
Your more then alright CM! Your an insperAtion to a lot of us. No need to apologize we all have ups and downs, and on another note I appreciate the recipes you have shared over the last couple years!

scoop

scoop

I stay for the pleasure of having my account slowed and for the joy of being repeatedly banned. Heeheehee ;-)

Like many here...I've been a member of Overgrow/Breedbay/BCBUD Depot/Cabana/Treating Yourself/ICFag/GrassCity/RIU/420Mag/Cannabis.com/blahblahblahdeeblah...etc/etc/etc..... ("I've forgotten more than I remember" Rundgren)

Long after this site folds I'll still know a few of you, I'm sure....and that makes it all worthwhile.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I was told all the hot stoner chicks hung out here but so far just a sausage fest...
You're going to be disappointed. If you are near gunnison, perhaps a bit north, sometimes if the winds are right, you can hear the soft cooing of the shepard, tending to his flock of birds, milk bursting forth from the collection vessels, milk dripping from a fresh squirt right from the tit, or perhaps you might hear the same from deep in the canyon. It sounds like, 'OH OH OH', if oft repeated like the songbirds of yesteryear, and like those who came long before, pants are optional.

Freshone

Freshone

I came here because I'm a misfit toy.
Welcome to the island,you'll unfit right in!
I stay for the pleasure of having my account slowed and for the joy of being repeatedly banned. Heeheehee ;-)

Like many here...I've been a member of Overgrow/Breedbay/BCBUD Depot/Cabana/Treating Yourself/ICFag/GrassCity/RIU/420Mag/Cannabis.com/blahblahblahdeeblah...etc/etc/etc..... ("I've forgotten more than I remember" Rundgren)

Long after this site folds I'll still know a few of you, I'm sure....and that makes it all worthwhile.
You are not alone,there are many of us.there are no consistencies here only whims.

Freshone

Freshone

You're going to be disappointed. If you are near gunnison, perhaps a bit north, sometimes if the winds are right, you can hear the soft cooing of the shepard, tending to his flock of birds, milk bursting forth from the collection vessels, milk dripping from a fresh squirt right from the tit, or perhaps you might hear the same from deep in the canyon. It sounds like, 'OH OH OH', if oft repeated like the songbirds of yesteryear, and like those who came long before, pants are optional.
Ahhh the gunnison pantsless Pbird siren,you dare heed it's call you wake up in a haze walking funny.

Top Bottom