So you guys think think this is copper deficient?

• Thread starter Kronicking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

It's not a Nitrogen deficiency, if it was the old growth lower leaves would be yellowing and falling off as the plant used them to sustain itself. It's not a copper deficiency.
You are using city water. Lake or ground water has plenty of copper in it. I'm still thinking it's deficient in Magnesium not because it's not available. But due to soil PH issue. These plants do not take kindly to large PH swings. I may be wrong but I don't think so. Again Test your soil PH and test your water PH. 6.0 is what your looking for.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey, i was wondering if you guys know what the problem is with these plants? From pictures i have seen online it looks like a copper deficiency. I am growing all organic pro mix hp with gaia green dry amendments and worm castings plus effective microorganisms and biochar with bokashi bran for top dressing. Maybe it is the small pot (2 gallon) or because the pro mix is more than a year old and completely dry out of the bag possibly causing a problem with the dolomite lime. Maybe i should try to use some dolomite lime for a top dress? Or does anyone think liquid kelp woild help? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
pH issue leading to Zinc not being taken up.

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hey, i was wondering if you guys know what the problem is with these plants? From pictures i have seen online it looks like a copper deficiency. I am growing all organic pro mix hp with gaia green dry amendments and worm castings plus effective microorganisms and biochar with bokashi bran for top dressing. Maybe it is the small pot (2 gallon) or because the pro mix is more than a year old and completely dry out of the bag possibly causing a problem with the dolomite lime. Maybe i should try to use some dolomite lime for a top dress? Or does anyone think liquid kelp woild help? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Simply a magnesium deficiency here. Check your nutrient solution for PH @ 6.0. Then add 1.5 grams Epson salt per gallon of nutrient solution at your watering schedule and say goodbye to the intervenal yellowing my fellow grower!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Simply a magnesium deficiency here. Check your nutrient solution for PH @ 6.0. Then add 1.5 grams Epson salt per gallon of nutrient solution at your watering schedule and say goodbye to the intervenal yellowing my fellow grower!
Mag is bottom up. This is top down.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

what kind of light do you use and how close is it?
I would like to hear the answer to this man's question.

Is not copper and not magnesium

Most water supplies these days use chloramine although some are still using chlorine. Chloramine has a strong bond with ammonia and will stay in the water for weeks even if aerated.

Chlorine however can be aerated out in a few hours depending on the surface area and depth but 24 hrs is a more than safe bet for any containers you will likely use.

You can use ascorbic acid (vitamin C) to neutralize both chlorine and chloramine almost instantly if your really concerned about it but unless your brewing teas I wouldn't be in the least.

Both react with organic matter including microbes yes but they are also destroyed in that process. The amount in tap water is extremely low and not going to wipe out your bennies. Max allowable is 4ppm and most are around 1ppm.

Add to that the speed at which they repopulate and I would have no issue using tap. Like any water though you don't want to be flushing 20 gal through a q gal pot or you will harm them chlorine or not.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

DO NOT TOP DRESS WITH LIME!
I can tell you if you used pro mix and added dolomite lime that you need to test the soil PH. Adding the lime sweetens the soil. Pot Plants like a slightly acid soil. Growing in pots the soil PH must be 6 no higher. If I had to guess. I'd say soil P.H is way to high for your plants causing nutrient lockout. What water are you watering with? City water, Rain Water?
I see many little things. Leaf Hooking. To much Nitrogen. Go get a Leaf Luster soil test kit . Test the soil. Do all 4. Then you will know what your dealing with.

I'd say you need to Test the soil.
Add apple cider vinegar to the water and bring the PH down to 6 at least 1 Table spoon pr watering can 2 would be better. Set the plant in a bucket and soak it leave it there long enough to completely soak up the sour water. Then water with 1 TBS pr watering can from now on. You don't need to add a bunch of stuff to the soil right now. It's important that you get the PH sorted or nothing you add will matter. The plant simply cannot see the nutrients in the soil. From then on All you need is a good bloom mix like Pro Mix 3-6-12 from your garden center.
I use promix for 2 years now and DO NOT ph and I do ammend with Dolomite so it does work for some

dbrzz

dbrzz

what kind of light do you use and how close is it?
SF4000 @ 18 inches flowering 18/6 light schdule. Autos J herer
55A4C707 A9CC 465C B086 77B7223D52E1
6C34776F 86DF 4BA9 BDFE 7F3B69A037A6

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
SF4000 @ 18 inches flowering 18/6 light schdule. Autos J hererView attachment 1174979View attachment 1174980
set at 100%?
raise it up to 25-28 inches..
that light basically replaces a 1000 watt hps.. that’s lots of light intensity..
those plants look to be sativa so they won’t eat as much or need as much light as indicas.
though i’m concerned with lots of three fingered leaves? to me that’s a sign of bad stress..
could it be from the light? don’t know., any issues with pest or mildew?

Kronicking

Kronicking

Lights? And watering feeding schedule? Are you trying to run organic in promix? Or do you water/feed to runoff ?
I am trying to run it organic so barely any run off or a couple of drops. I am using gaia green dry amendments first their 4-4-4 now switched too the bloom. Also use gaia green worm castings. I top dress every couple weeks and water with some em (effective microorganisms) every once in a while with a bit of added molasses. Also topped with some bokashi bran near the second week.

Anthem

Anthem

set at 100%?
raise it up to 25-28 inches..
that light basically replaces a 1000 watt hps.. that’s lots of light intensity..
those plants look to be sativa so they won’t eat as much or need as much light as indicas.
though i’m concerned with lots of three fingered leaves? to me that’s a sign of bad stress..
could it be from the light? don’t know., any issues with pest or mildew?
This and maybe add some sort of Calcium as well!!

Kronicking

Kronicking

This and maybe add some sort of Calcium as well!!
Interesting thing about the three fingered leaves. Will have too look into that a bit. I think the main thing that caused it to start yellowing is the worm casting tea as ot seems to always cause problems. I am cutting that out completely unless i make my own.

Kronicking

Kronicking

Interesting thing about the three fingered leaves. Will have too look into that a bit. I think the main thing that caused it to start yellowing is the worm casting tea as ot seems to always cause problems. I am cutting that out completely unless i make my own.
I just looked into the 3 fingered leaves. Dont know where you r seeing that. I see lots of 7 finger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom