socal medical patient hi

• Thread starter meds1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meds1

hi every one i want to strat to grow i cant decide on useing a 400 or 600 watt ligth or if i should start hydro or soil if i can get some feed back on what worked best for frist time growers that would be great also clones or seed my space is 4x4x4

B

Buddy Reaper

Hi meds & welcome to the farm.
Sorry i cant advise, im a new grower too.

L

Lost

Hey!!

Ok two things, your going to need clones. Its the easiest way to go to start. If your in LA, Look up Progressive Options. They have reliable elite cuts. If you are closer to San Diego there is no better than PNC nursery in Sorento Valley. Period.

Second, if you have the space, I reccomend DWC, (Deep Water Culture, its a bucket with water in it and an aquarium air pump and air stone. The roots sit in the bubbling water and the plant goes nuts like the coke ho's on Girls Gone Wild..). Its it something you will have to monitor daily, but because of the rapid growth of this system, its really alot of fun! I have a grow log of 12 buckets on a recirculating system, check it out.

A simple Home depot bucket with an airstone and air pump are all you really need. Well a netpot and netpot lid are also necessary but its all simple stuff.

Remember that air circulation and temps are the biggest issues, so solve those first, and you solve most of your plroblem right there.

You need a PH and PPM meter. Just man up to it and buy one. DOn't need to be over 20 bucks for each one.

Lastly, don't use tap water here in so cal. You need RO filtered water. Either buy 5 gallon water jugs and fill up at the grocery store or buy a cheap ro filter system (130ish..)

Good Luck!!!

L

Lost

Btw.. you can do 6 (the limit for 1 patient, non-caregiver), 5 gallon DWC buckets in that space. If you can cool it get teh 600 (hell if you can cool it 1000 watts in a 4x4 is godly but you need a good 8 foot ceiling, 4 feet is not going to cut it...), but you have to be able to cool it... You also need ore head room. With 4 feet your growing lowriders and gettin a 1/2 oz per pant.. With a 8 foot ceiling you could get 4oz per plant in that space...

Top Bottom