Soft Water Nutes In Hard Water Area?

• Thread starter Shodgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shodgrow

Shodgrow

What's up asking for advice on is it okay to use soft water FLORA MICRO in my hard water? i'm having no trouble getting my hands on the hard water version but i can't buy the grow and bloom separately, so i wondered if i can get away with using the soft water version even though i have hard water?.. thanks in advance :)

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

@Aqua Man is the man your looking for, he should be able to help when he’s on next.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Aqua Man is on hiatus atm.

I use soft water nutrients (Front Row AG two part) with city water coming in at ~100ppm from the tap. I don't recall the specific chemistry that comes into play with the different blends but I think it comes down to the pH buffers in the nutrients and you'll just need to adjust how you pH the final solution before use. Shouldn't cause any problems.

Shodgrow

Shodgrow

@Aqua Man is on hiatus atm.

I use soft water nutrients (Front Row AG two part) with city water coming in at ~100ppm from the tap. I don't recall the specific chemistry that comes into play with the different blends but I think it comes down to the pH buffers in the nutrients and you'll just need to adjust how you pH the final solution before use. Shouldn't cause any problems.
okay that sounds more like it- thanks a lot, it's just i had heard some horror stories about apparent calcium and magnesium lockout cause soft water nutes have these suplimented in to make up for the lack of it in the water, but hard water has these already so could over dose Ca and Mg? perhaps it's not true at all maybe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom