GDP
LOOKING TO DO NO VEG
THINKING OF START AT 4 per sq foot
1 - 4x8 = 128 plants
LEANING TOWARDS FILLING THE TRAYS RATHER THEN POTS
COCO?
SOIL?
SOILLESS?
FEEDING ADVICE (1/4-1/2 dose in nutes or flush)
RUNNING CUTTING EDGES FULL LINE.

ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH SOMETHING SIMILAR CAN YOU TELL ME IF DOING 4 gdps PER SQ FT WITH WELL ROOTED CLONES, NO VEG CAN GET CLOSE TO THE GPW FACTOR? IM RUNNING 3 1000w magnums OVER A TABLE

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dont think your going to be able to fit 3 magnums over a 4x8

id say veg for at least a week, especially if its your first sog attempt

get 2 smarties that are going to cover a 4x4 area and fill them, coco is my favorite but can get a lil pricey if your going to use that much

there are lot and lots of things that contribute to your gpw so its a lil early to be disucssing that

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

agreed ^^ yuppp theres maddddddd factors b4 discussing that. check out growmasters stuff he does tables similar to wat ur trying to do hope it helps

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Line the trays with plastic and use those.. No need to buy larger pots to put in the trays.. I am using 3'x3'x6" trays for my beds with 5" of coco per bed and fucking slayin it. You really do not need more than 6" of medium with beds, having more is a common misconception and a waste of coco/soil or whatever.

:character0180:

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
dont think your going to be able to fit 3 magnums over a 4x8

id say veg for at least a week, especially if its your first sog attempt

get 2 smarties that are going to cover a 4x4 area and fill them, coco is my favorite but can get a lil pricey if your going to use that much

there are lot and lots of things that contribute to your gpw so its a lil early to be disucssing that

You can fit 3 magnums over a 4x8 no problem. You just have to mount them as if you weren't going to air cool them. My buddy has 3 over a 4x6 table lol..

F

FromGROtoFLO

Awesome! thanks for the feedback...What type of COCO are you using? Are you re-using it? Are 3 magnums works, i'm already do it. I dont pay electricity so MORE is better. How many plants per sq ft you doin?

M

mrduke

do you think beds will out perform pot hands down??? i was planning to add a small 600w 3x3 as a trial sog, and my ideal was to use grow bags like 3g ones and cut/ roll the tops down so there only about 5 inches tall. Thus filling the tray compleatly and still giving the ablity to move plants around for better lighting. what do ya'll think about that.

C

claudacio

Awesome! thanks for the feedback...What type of COCO are you using? Are you re-using it? Are 3 magnums works, i'm already do it. I dont pay electricity so MORE is better. How many plants per sq ft you doin?

I know 3 mag's is the shit, but none of you think you could get more out of 1 magnum on a mover 6" or less above the canopy? You can get the light a lot closer than you would if the light was stationary. I'm running 2 XXXL's in a 4x8 tent and the heat is bearable with proper venting, so no issues there but I cant bring the lights down any more than 12" above the canopy so I will be investing in a mover for my next grow. The 2 XXXL's do the job nicely but pulling the glass out of one of them and throwing it on a 6rpm mover with a dual arc bulb 6" from the top of my canopy with Co2 injection as well as some added UVB light will do my garden lovely I am thinking.

F

FromGROtoFLO

This forum is straying... 3 mags over a table with inline fans constantly running, properly, have no heat I'm ontop of my plants.

xrob415x

xrob415x

You can fit the magnums but wont be able to face the holes towards each other to cool them. I have expirience with GDP and it is a horrible cantidate for a SOG with no veg. GDP for sure needs veg time its structure is a stocky little bush, it likes to branch out. Another farmer had a growlog tryin this and it was an EPIC fail. My favorite SOG strain is SOUR D. No veg flip it at 6 inches it will stretch up to about 3 feet of solid bud!!:) Also with 3000 watts over a table I would give the plants at least a week to adjust to that many lumens before the flip. But as for pots vs a bed, I would for sure go with the bed!! Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Pot-Liner-Tray-x48/dp/B004O3NKDI.. 1)More root zone 2) easier to pot 3) easier to clean. I would go with a coco and perlite mix ( but that is just a personal preference) I get more explosive growth in coco than soil or any other soilless mix. There is a lil learning curve with it tho ( need to get your CAl Mag dialed in) As for the Nutes I heard good things about cutting edge, and they are pretty cheap. GDP that I have ran can take pretty soild feeding without burn. The couple weeks I would do about 50-60% the reccomended dose then build up from there. My friend ran Cutting Edge pretty close to their reccomended feeding chart and didnt have too much trouble.

F

FromGROtoFLO

Really leaning towards the beds...thanks for the info. Only concern I have is about flushing. I'm running royal golds basement soilless mix now and after reading about several different cocos it seems flushing needs to be done regularly. So how do you properly flush with a bed? What medium do you use?

F

FromGROtoFLO

THat liner is sooo bad ass, think that answered my question about flushing....Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom