SOG - VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Whats up fellow farmers?!

I am setting up a new room and was going to mimic my previous rooms which consist of soil beds, 4x8 and 5x10' beds with nonvented horizontal hoods over the beds.

but....

I have read allot lately about vertical growing and wanted to give it a try without complicating things too much.
My idea:
Build a stadium, layered/leveled type soil box

I want to run 6K - thinking of running 3 rows, 2 bulbs on top of eachother down the middle of these beasts

Vert sog ideajpg

lol, I just slapped this together.....

What do you guys think???

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Looks great man. Just know your strain, stretch, and space correctly you should be fine. Always wanted to do this myself. Ive grown vertical but not a stadium. Jplord a farmer on here has a similar setup as well. Rock it man. MWD

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Looks great man. Just know your strain, stretch, and space correctly you should be fine. Always wanted to do this myself. Ive grown vertical but not a stadium. Jplord a farmer on here has a similar setup as well. Rock it man. MWD

Badass midwest, even if I dont run a full room, I will try it on a smaller scale.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

I like the "Paint" drawn diagram! haha but your beds look good, curious to see the turnout out, keep us posted.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I like the "Paint" drawn diagram! haha but your beds look good, curious to see the turnout out, keep us posted.

After researching vertical a little more I decided to revamp my idea and go completely vertical but still accomodate soil beds. I will post my setup soon.

waayne

waayne

GR33NL3AF I've been using a hybrid system of 1000 watt HPS flats and verts with good success for some time now......
I've never a done stadium/coliseum style grow so I have no info to offer you there but the combination of flats and verts works well for my garden....

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF I've been using a hybrid system of 1000 watt HPS flats and verts with good success for some time now......
I've never a done stadium/coliseum style grow so I have no info to offer you there but the combination of flats and verts works well for my garden....

After I build this system I want to run through my other rooms and see how I can maximize each room. I run 6 1000w'ers over 2 4x8 beds. Considering either closing in the sides of the tables with moveable, highly reflective, walls or throwing a couple vertical bare bulbs around the outside perimeter.

pork

pork

recently switched to a vertical stadium..have done vert trees before, but that's a waste of time and space imo (good if you have to stick to low plant #s though)...

i have a 3 shelf stadium with 10L coco pots filling the seats...hit just shy of .7 gpw on my first, and undialed, run...best i've been able to do flat has been .6gpw...with this last run, i can see that with the right genetics a real possibility of 1-1.25gpw is achievable....this is a bit speculation, but also based on experience of my last run....one half of one bulb pulled 1.5lbs with a strain that didn't fully finish out and hermed on me a bit...so that being said..the potential is there for sure...

those vertical soil bed/boxes things look pretty rad...definitely expensive to build out a vertical room when compared to hanging flat hoods over trays....but totally worth it...more canopy for light to hit..simple as that...also, with the stadium (how i've built it at least), i've essentially put a 4x8 tray on an angle (not literally) to fit in a 30"x8' space instead of 48...so i can stack more plants in my finite amount of grow space....there is more vertical space than floor space in any grow room...

good luck!

IMG 1064
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The current yields are currently what is holding me back. I ran sour diesel in a SOG, horizontal grow in soil beds and nailed 1.13 GPW and I fucked it up, bad.

I want to speak with the individuals running verts and pulling 3-4lb per 1k on average.

My 2 cents, the longer you veg and the more clearance between lights allows you to flower massive plants with massive stalks and limbs.

-GR33N

K

kushtrees

It would take an amazing strain to get #4 off a 1kw. Even #2 can be tough with a low yielder like an OG. I think Jackmayoffer gets 3+ per 1kw in his coco beds but he is definitely an exceptional grower

pork

pork

The current yields are currently what is holding me back. I ran sour diesel in a SOG, horizontal grow in soil beds and nailed 1.13 GPW and I fucked it up, bad.

I want to speak with the individuals running verts and pulling 3-4lb per 1k on average.

My 2 cents, the longer you veg and the more clearance between lights allows you to flower massive plants with massive stalks and limbs.

-GR33N

yes, but the longer you veg, the more risk you have for the specimen to contract a disease or pests. trees are rad, but take so long to veg..and if a pound plant indoors gets sick halfway through harvest, that can be quite detrimental....where as losing a specimen that only is responsible for a few ounces, is a much easier loss to handle....the downside...having to run high numbers and being able to maintain good moms/clones....

believe you me, having an indoor plant in 20gal of soil and it standing 7 feet tall is epic...but the sheer amount of time and potential risks involved with large plants made it difficult for me to continue working with trees....i think achieving 3# vertically shouldn't be too difficult, 4# would be epic..both require the right genetics and also, a certain number of budsites....so the question is: what's faster? vegging 4# worth of canopy in 1 plant or in 24?

another: how valuable/spacious is your square footage in your veg room? it takes a lot of space to veg trees vs potted ladies...

good luck whichever way you grow...maybe after i get 10-12 off these next 4 lights, we can start speaking.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

yes, but the longer you veg, the more risk you have for the specimen to contract a disease or pests. trees are rad, but take so long to veg..and if a pound plant indoors gets sick halfway through harvest, that can be quite detrimental....where as losing a specimen that only is responsible for a few ounces, is a much easier loss to handle....the downside...having to run high numbers and being able to maintain good moms/clones....

believe you me, having an indoor plant in 20gal of soil and it standing 7 feet tall is epic...but the sheer amount of time and potential risks involved with large plants made it difficult for me to continue working with trees....i think achieving 3# vertically shouldn't be too difficult, 4# would be epic..both require the right genetics and also, a certain number of budsites....so the question is: what's faster? vegging 4# worth of canopy in 1 plant or in 24?

another: how valuable/spacious is your square footage in your veg room? it takes a lot of space to veg trees vs potted ladies...

good luck whichever way you grow...maybe after i get 10-12 off these next 4 lights, we can start speaking.

I keep a very close personal circle and even then I keep my business hush hush. In that regard growing high plant count SOG with 1-2wk Pre-veg is my method. Get an Oscar per.

pork

pork

i was just referencing that you said you want to speak to the 3-4# a light guys...i would imagine their personal circles are pretty tight too...as is mine and i'm not suggesting personal relationships in any way, shape, or form...

but, i do understand where you're coming from..experience speaks a lot more than theory...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

i was just referencing that you said you want to speak to the 3-4# a light guys...i would imagine their personal circles are pretty tight too...as is mine and i'm not suggesting personal relationships in any way, shape, or form...

but, i do understand where you're coming from..experience speaks a lot more than theory...
Gotcha...

Which method of growing are you currently doing? 10-12 from 4000 is some serious weight.

pork

pork

coco...diy salts...co2...pretty simple...stadium setup with bleachers like i posted above

my last run, i had one half of one light pull 1.5lbs...that was all i had of one particular variety...but it let me know the potential is easily there for me...

Nutts

Nutts

I saw a couple where they had the plants on the floor and everywhere was chicken wire. Directly over the plant and on the walls and the man difintely upped his yeild. It was really cool actually. Your stuff looks very cool too.

Top Bottom