Sog Vs Monster Plants

• Thread starter DrBlackThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrBlackThumb

Hey guys first post, I need some opinions here I'm on my third grow first was a sog with bag seeds got about 20 grams a plant, second was fast and vast absolutely sucked.. 5 plants and very disappointed, what do you guys think if I had a sog and then when their done put outside and reveg and get 2 harvests with one plant or just grow 4 or 5 monsters indoor looking for maximum yield also what kinda pots will work? my first grow I vegged for 20 days and forced flower at 10 to 12 inches tall using big gulp cups.
Growing in a 10x10 room ,1000 w hps inline fan and a homade co2 generator
Just started 4 chocolate skunk and 2 nebulas and a couple money makers any advice is greatly appreciated

DrFever

DrFever

Afganstan
Gallery 11738 4816 72830
Gallery 11738 4815 57028
2o days vegged is your answer when doing sog grows your really only harvesting 1/4 of plant if your lucky where as if you grow monster trees you get bigger yields period per plant
its all about what your goals are costs and time frame my self i left sogs behind instead of 70 plus plants i do 12 tree sized plants yields are the same now some say well it took you longer to get them plants that size and the key answer is only for the first 5 weeks meanwhile having other plants behind them works out to being the same dam thing .
its planning and being organized having a flower room clone room and veg room is key
I remember harvesting 6 plants every second week and doing 4 + pound everytime 6 went out 6 went in after one complete cycle i was set for harvesting 6 every 2 weeks

Last edited:
D

DrBlackThumb

What do you think about reveg I have a great outdoor spot would it be possible to put my sog plants out side and let them veg all summer or is it a waste of time, my thought is the root mass is already established so they should be giant ?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

harvesting 6 plants every second week and doing 4 + pound everytime 6 went out 6 went in after one complete cycle i was set for harvesting 6 every 2 weeks
This is my personal goal.to be harvest every 3-4 weeks, harvesting enough to get me by til the next harvest. I figure if I have about 4 oz off each harvest I won't ever have to spend money on bud ever again!

DrFever

DrFever

Honestly try A couple but personally you be Wasting your time

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Yeah I'm only going for 2 ta 3 at a time. Why would I be wasting my time?

D

DrBlackThumb

I don't think he was meaning you stumpy he's talking about my reveg idea I've never really heard to much about reveg I guess if it worked there would be endless articles.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Reveg works it's just not worth it because it takes the plant so long to go back to veg and imo the 2nd harvest is never that great

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Np man all though I do take all my clones during flower and reveg them but they are only 7 days max into flower

DrFever

DrFever

revegging takes to god dam long only time a person should think of revegging is if his clones failed ,, and trying to keep the strain no other way around for instance i took clones from my out door plant 2.5 weeks in flower
Took 3 - 3.5 weeks to root its been 10 days now transplanted and what is occurring is ugly growth deformed leaf pattern and i suspect this will go on for a easy 4 more weeks now lets add this up 4 weeks plus 10 days in veg so far adds up to almost 6 weeks before she might start growing properly and looking like a real MJ plant i am guessing closer to 8 - 10 weeks before i see real vigorous growth now 8 - 10 week from seed will with out a doubt be be better off here 10 week from seed
Gallery 11738 4908 581600

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

In my opinion clones of true genetic strains are the way to go. They have been tested and proven and u know what ur getting. Seeds can be anything and have a wide variety of traits from their strain. Where as a clone is an exact replica of the plant you took it from. U can easily eat up 6-8months trying to get a good mother from seed to find out it was a crap genetic. Personally I dont like wasting time ;)

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

revegging takes to god dam long only time a person should think of revegging is if his clones failed ,, and trying to keep the strain no other way around for instance i took clones from my out door plant 2.5 weeks in flower
Took 3 - 3.5 weeks to root its been 10 days now transplanted and what is occurring is ugly growth deformed leaf pattern and i suspect this will go on for a easy 4 more weeks now lets add this up 4 weeks plus 10 days in veg so far adds up to almost 6 weeks before she might start growing properly and looking like a real MJ plant i am guessing closer to 8 - 10 weeks before i see real vigorous growth now 8 - 10 week from seed will with out a doubt be be better off here 10 week from seed View attachment 542672
That's a nice seed plant for sure. But look at your growth it is wild and everywhere. Still beautiful green though

D

DrBlackThumb

Nice... I just finished a couple fast and vast autos and found a mature seed will it germinate and will it be an auto or a Hermie or whatcha think

Harrypottery

Harrypottery

Hey guys first post, I need some opinions here I'm on my third grow first was a sog with bag seeds got about 20 grams a plant, second was fast and vast absolutely sucked.. 5 plants and very disappointed, what do you guys think if I had a sog and then when their done put outside and reveg and get 2 harvests with one plant or just grow 4 or 5 monsters indoor looking for maximum yield also what kinda pots will work? my first grow I vegged for 20 days and forced flower at 10 to 12 inches tall using big gulp cups.
Growing in a 10x10 room ,1000 w hps inline fan and a homade co2 generator
Just started 4 chocolate skunk and 2 nebulas and a couple money makers any advice is greatly appreciated
20 day veg and cup size could have contributed to your yield. I would veg at least 8 weeks from seed, finishing in 7 gallon. Top at the 4th or 5th node, LST those girls.

Harrypottery

Harrypottery

Took 3 - 3.5 weeks to root its been 10 days now transplanted and what is occurring is ugly growth deformed leaf pattern and i suspect this will go on for a easy 4 more weeks now lets add this up 4 weeks plus 10 days in veg so far adds up to almost 6 weeks before she might start growing properly and looking like a real MJ plant i am guessing closer to 8 - 10 weeks before i see real vigorous growth now 8 - 10 week from seed will with out a doubt be be better off here 10 week from seed View attachment 542672
I'm throwing a Manatunska Tundra in the woods I just harvested in a few days. I've revegged Strawberry Sour Diesel, Hindu Kush and Fallen Angel last year. Over 1 1/4 yield from 3 plants. I dug holes, added eggshells and banana peelings and planted those ladies in May. I chopped them by October 8th.
I also revegged a Blueberry Headband before....indoor... It was loaded with small branches and a trillion small leaves. A complete pain in the ass to trim. With the same veg time, it yielded an extra ounce. I wouldn't recommend an indoor veg.

Top Bottom