Sog Watering Tips

• Thread starter 1hit1der
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1hit1der

Hello, im am just looking for easy ways to water my sog. Its going to be a 5x12 area full of 1.5 gallon square pots that are 6 inches. There is not a lot of room for me to get in there and water by hand. I was thinking about a drip system with each container having its own 360 degree spray emitter that i would just turn on by hand, or throw on a timer after i figured out the schedule. Then have a res for nutes with a pump that i can hook to the same system to fertilize. Would this work? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

Dr Stupid

Dr Stupid

It can work. Few things to remember if you're using "organic" bottled fertilizers.

1. You can't usually let a reservoir sit for more than a day without things getting nasty.

2. You're going to want to put a paint strainer around the pump that feeds your drip system to help keep it from clogging.

3. You should have a separate bucket with water that you set the feed pump into at the end of watering to clear out the lines with fresh water. Otherwise it will get clogged/ nasty.

4. If you're using amended soil and only using water, or using synthetic ferts, disregard 1-3.

1hit1der

Awesome, thanks for the tips. Im gonna give a shot. hate watering sog by hand every other day lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally prefer to have everything in one tray (I use a hydro tray) and flood and drain the pots. MUCH easier.

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Nice sea maiden I'm in a 1.2 tent and hand feeding I think next round I'll get a tray so I can just flood it and walk away lol...getting to the back rows by hand gets the old back aching :(

1hit1der

And the flooding works well with soil? I've always watered from the top, never tried flooding. I'll have to look into it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It works better with a media like coco coir than soil, you've gotta be a lot more careful about overwatering with soil. But it works.

1hit1der

For sure. i live in the mountains, I've done plenty of outdoor, only a few times indoor. But never SOG. I just dont wanna be crawling around under my lights trying to water every other day. i think I've got a plan. im gonna run with it, I'll post some pics if it works

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Ughh the dreded by hand watering! I am building my net right now and have been running this whole watering thing in my mind...i was like once they are netted they are in place for good no more picking up and gettin the run off out...I dunna what imma do! But i have to finish my net!

A

artcore

I use a small water pump (240L/H) in a bucket with a 1 meter tube to reach every corner of the cab, to spread the water the tube has a small shower head. I'm doing a sog mixed with scrog and only have about 20 cm between the pots and the scrog net, I also use the water pump to take the run off water.

Top Bottom