soil advice from pros

• Thread starter cletus1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cletus1

i am a novice grower and started some lowryder strains. i have no time to make any soil mixes of my own. what is a good base. i was going to try ffof 50/50 with pro mix. any sugg. i want to do a organic garden and want to use teas but should i use ormi liquids until i use the teas a few weeks in. any advice would be helpful thanks.

fractal

fractal

foxfarms soil is total shit. Better off getting a locally made organic soil at the nursery. The old ladies there are cool, don't worry. Promix is just peat + perlite with myco added possibly. Peat and perlite make good additions to soil to lighten it up but add nothing to the nutrients. Earth Juice works well, or even the cheap dry fertilizers you can buy by the box also at the nursery. In fact dry organic nutes are the way to go if you want to save money. Mix them up with the soil before planting, after you establish how much you will need for a container plant for 5-6 weeks.
Don't look at the name on the soil bag, look at the infredients on the back of the bag. Your local nursery has better soil than the hydro store and it costs less. Worm castings are great also.

C

cletus1

i have created my own worm castings and have made some compost with fruits vegs and cow manure,egg shells, and used coffee grains. i also purchased some sunshine mix. does any exp. farmer think i could mix the compost,castings, and sunshine together to make a good soil, and feed teas and topdress with sunleaves guanos at diff. stages

Top Bottom