Soil Amending

• Thread starter JeenYuss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeenYuss

JeenYuss

So I am using Aliens organic regimen on my current grow. (Seeds are only 2 weeks old) I plan on getting teas and feeding with our blend pro. I have bloom and grow, sea green, Microblast, liquid kelp, liquid bone meal, and EWC. I plan on buying fish hydrolysate, sea bid guano (0-11-1), oyster shell calcium, and some other stuff for teas. Should I get rock phosphate? And if so should I get glacier dust or are those basically the same thing? Also should I get dolomite lime to amend my soil for help with ph balance? I was thinking of amending my roots organic with some guano, the oyster shells, dolomite lime, and rock phosphate. Am I getting too complicated?

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

Basically what I want to know is what in my soil or feeding regimen is going to balance ph. My ph meter just took a shit and I have no money to buy one right now plus don't need it once I get this organic stuff figured out.
Title is supposed to say soil not soul. Dam auto correct

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

In having ph problems and my tea brewer is still being built so making a tea is out of the question right now.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
lime and rock phosephate is a must in a super soil....lime will keep you soil ph in check...glacier dust is lime ..im pretty sure

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
and roots is amended pretty well...so i would say be care full on how much you add to it....in my exp with roots, it does run out midway through

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

I'm not running a super soil. I have nothing amended in it as my pants are like 2-3 weeks old. Not planning on doing super soil either. Will feed with botanicare pure blend pro grow and bloom. Micro blast when needed. Liquid bone meal. Sea green. And liquid kelp. Then give teas every few watering.

sky high

sky high

I haven't paid any attention to Alien's feed schedule....but if you are following his lead and do what he does with the same ingredients (THE reason for a feed schedule) it doesn't seem like you'd have a pH problem if Alien doesn't have a pH problem.

good luck

s h

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Basically what I want to know is what in my soil or feeding regimen is going to balance ph. My ph meter just took a shit and I have no money to buy one right now plus don't need it once I get this organic stuff figured out.
Title is supposed to say soil not soul. Dam auto correct
dolomite :D lime

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

I though it was the teas that might balance it out. And since I can't brew a tea right now was wondering if using tap water that's been sitting out for a few days with pure blend pro grow and sea green would be all right with no ph. Will pick up some lime but going to have to transplant everything again.

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

Youre definitely still gonna wanna Ph your water
not for organics bro. New to organic growing but i know for a FACT you DO NOT need to ph while organic growing. Just wasnt sure what buffers to amend my soil with to help with the ph.

Blaze

Blaze

^^^ Yup. If you are using teas and in organic soil, worrying about pH is just a waste of time. You won't be able to get an accurate reading with a pH or PPM meter with tea or soil run-off anyway. I have not used my pH pen in like 5 years, you really don't need to worry about it, the soil microbes will self adjust the pH to right where they want it. The only exception to this might be if your water is really far out of range, say under 5 or over 8.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

If you follow Aliens Regimen to the T you will not have pH problems. The microbes in the tea along with the different stuff he uses in his soil mix although you to forget pH'ing altogether. If you are not following his regimen Dolomite lime is always a quick and easy solution to Soil pH problems.

-GR33N

JeenYuss

JeenYuss

If you follow Aliens Regimen to the T you will not have pH problems. The microbes in the tea along with the different stuff he uses in his soil mix although you to forget pH'ing altogether. If you are not following his regimen Dolomite lime is always a quick and easy solution to Soil pH problems.

-GR33N
Thanks! I will be following everything in his regimen except Caps Benies. Found a good source here in my state. I will amend with Dolomite Lime tho!

G

groundscore

^^^ Yup. If you are using teas and in organic soil, worrying about pH is just a waste of time. You won't be able to get an accurate reading with a pH or PPM meter with tea or soil run-off anyway. I have not used my pH pen in like 5 years, you really don't need to worry about it, the soil microbes will self adjust the pH to right where they want it. The only exception to this might be if your water is really far out of range, say under 5 or over 8.
Thats been my problem for over 6 years. My tap comes out well over 8 on most days. Ive tried to let the microbes do it on their own and it never really seems to happen that way

Top Bottom