Soil Amendments List For Reusing Soil. Any Help Would Be Great =) One Love

• Thread starter Hemp55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hemp55

Hemp55

Hey everyone,
I've been looking into reusing my soil lately. I believe this is possible with the right knowledge. I have been doing some research for amendments that will bring your soil back to life and ready to use back indoors. I will list what I have found to mix into your soil and if anyone has anything else to add that would be great as well. Please give me your feedback on this and let me know if I'm heading in the right direction =) Thanks ThcFarmers !
*Worm Castings
*Kelp Meal
*Bone/Blood Meal
*Dolomite Lime
*Azomite

shemshemet

shemshemet

What is your base? You need a base. Can be Pro mix, top soil w/ aeration, etc.

Lots of folks say dolomite is not as favorable as regular lime. Dolomite has too much Magnesium.
Azomite - Really you can use any rock dust. Does not have to be azomite.

Otherwise.....You seem like you've got the right stuff 8)

Hemp55

Hemp55

My base would be Roots 707 from my last harvest =) I have the soil in a couple 50 gal bins and have cleaned the rootballs and small roots out. I plan on re-adding all of these goodies and letting it cook for awhile. Then using it again from another grow. I will look into a Straight lime powder =D Thanks for the tip !!

chopper dogg

chopper dogg

I'd add chicken manure, Espoma's works well and can be found at some Walmart's. Be careful reusing soil, the leftover root material can be problematic.

Hemp55

Hemp55

I'd add chicken manure, Espoma's works well and can be found at some Walmart's. Be careful reusing soil, the leftover root material can be problematic.

See I've heard the small left over roots can be good or bad for your grow. One side is saying it will allow the roots to grow thought the soil easier and the other side is saying it will give the roots a harder time to grow. We shall see how it goes as the soil is cooking now. I have about 3 more weeks until Im ready to use it. I will report back with updates down the road =) Thanks everyone

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

kelp4less sells a soil cutter starter mix,has everything in it,can grow up to 2 yrs before amending,i leave all them small roots in my mix,remove ball and plant new seed right were i took the other out,little mykos in hole then seed,you mix this stuff,for super soil,10 lbs to 5 cu ft,i have a 4x8 by 12in deep raised bed used 5lbs in it and damn big diffrence onmy veggies also got soil bioligy were insects are minimal,good stuff,if you decide you want to try it,type oldskol4evr in coupon box for 15% off,go to there web site,kelp4less and check out all that are in the mix and decide,i went this route because by the time i made subcools or any other,it got up to hundreds of dollars,down fall is you have to cook for 90 days,i cooked 30 days and planted no ill effect,was the easiest grow i ever had,water and compost tea is all i used,no deficenses at all,cooking me a new batch right now,just finished cooking outside boxs for veggies,i love no problems,lmao

shemshemet

shemshemet

See I've heard the small left over roots can be good or bad for your grow. One side is saying it will allow the roots to grow thought the soil easier and the other side is saying it will give the roots a harder time to grow. We shall see how it goes as the soil is cooking now. I have about 3 more weeks until Im ready to use it. I will report back with updates down the road =) Thanks everyone

There are not two sides! This country is NOT divided! :p

No seriously. It seems as though these issues are cut and dry, either leave the roots or take them out.

I do not believe leaving the roots in necessarily benefits the plants. Nor do I believe taking the roots out necessarily is better for plants.

What do I believe? Leaving most the roots in is a hell of a lot easier and my plants don't typically notice. Just more organic material....

M

Mitygrows

I'v been reusing my soil this is my fourth grow with roots organic original.soil all I been doing is adding castings and makeing a casting alfalfa meel og biowar tea.and I think my soil is getting better.im useing 4×8 geo beds and I bought a mantis tiller I rototil the beds pull the mane stocks and leave the roots

keiksweat

keiksweat

I re-use my soil,always.rip out root ball,break up soil and roots,add zyme.re amended.and use teas.oh,and I add a bag of new base soil bk into the old,fish,blood bone..kelp...lime..crustacean,shell meal...alfalfa...I've started adding bio Bizz pre mix if ain't got time.its got everything in it.oh and lots of ewc,always.let the zyme worry about the root ball.i don't even use proper zyme.its fish tank stuff.works great.

Top Bottom