Soil and flushing? How often? Methods? Throw me a bone...

• Thread starter whatupdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Hey guys. I'm running 5-gal smart pots with Sunshine Mix #4. I'm just wondering how often you guys flush your plants? And how do you avoid salt buildups?

Thanks for the help. I had issues with salt buildups last round, and I'd really like to avoid that this time...

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

When I first started I was running Sunshine Mix #4. It is considered soil less so run your PH at 5.8 to 6.1. I hated it. So I ran it as NUTE, NUTE, FLUSH, NUTE, NUTE, FLUSH. I was running R/O water in them and used 5ML per gallon of CAL MAG and PH'd. I would make sure even when feeding I had good overflow. Where I would feed it and make sure the water and nutes came rushing out of the medium and then I would let them drain completely into larger catch containers and then they would go back into the tent under the lights.

Now if I was forced to run Sunshine Mix #4 I would flush with TEA each time with CAP's beneficials instead of just water and CAL MAG.

I'm sure others would do differently and have run differently but that's what I did and it worked out okay.

Bannacis

Bannacis

samcro got it...nute nute flush, or every 2 weeks. 3 times the size of container is standard for a complete flush ...so 15 gallons...thats usually for finish flush.
but just doing periodically during grow make sure you get a good run off of water and to not let it soak it back up. the more the better.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Thanks guys. It'll be a lot of work draining all of that water, but I'll have to make it happen. I've got my room on a second floor. lol

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

So check it out. This is what I had to do...lol :confused: *derrrrrp*

IMG 1107

Got through 8 of 23 today...you guys should check out my journal and let me know if there's anything else I could be doing differently, or whatever! thanks again for the help. peace!

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

ahhhhh the lovely days of hand feeding in smart pots. thats how i have my moms. time consuming but has to be done. i use to do over 100 of these in coco smart pots every other day, plus another 100 plus in veg with a 5 gallon bucket and no wand. didnt have tables yet and a drip feed yet. but still feel the pain in m y back from doing those solo. good job on the big trash can drain. hook a pump and tube to that bitch and pump that drainage downstairs in your sink, toilet or drain this way your not moving that deal around. good job.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

thanks! maaaan, that sounds like you had a full-time job at that point eh?

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

thanks! maaaan, that sounds like you had a full-time job at that point eh?

Sure was a full time job doing everything the hard way. Still is a full time job to me just less back breaking.
But you do what you have to do along the way until you can keep upgrading your project with better tools and toys to make your life easier in the garden so when real big problems pop up and rear their head your ready to take action and take care of business without being worn out from feeding all the time.

Top Bottom