Soil doesnt seem to be draining to well.

• Thread starter Hookcash87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hookcash87

Hookcash87

So I'm in week 4 of flower and when I go to water my plant it doesn't seem to have very good drainage. I water it once a week. 5gal bucket
Made the mistake of using MG till I actually found ffhf. I added perlite to it today and then feed. Will that help or what do I need to do?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Poke some holes to the bottom, don't go crazy on it but 4 or 5 won't hurt, bamboo stakes work great.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Perlite is something that is mixed into the soil medium upon the start of the grow. When you say you added perlite to it at week 4 of flower what exactly are you referring to? Did you pull the plant out of the pot to add perlite? 4th week of flower that pot should have already started to totally fill with roots. How did you do it? Was it a top dressing? That wouldn't do anything. Plastic buckets will work but they are not always the greatest when it comes to draining and breathing. I use fabric pots. Drill more holes in the bottom of the bucket and poke some holes in the soil with sticks like the other guy was saying. That is your best bet since its pretty much too late to do anything else. I have used MG many times over the years for growing flower and although there is much more preferred soils out there you can still grow beautiful flowers with it so long as its the yellow bag. Gotta be potting soil not garden soil. This being said I don't think its a direct issue with your soil. Perhaps you packed the soil too tight in the bucket this can reduce air space in the pot which slows drainage big time. Thats all I got. Best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom