soil in the bag or container

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

is it better to keep soil in the bag or in a container if your keeping it for months ? i have about 1/4 a bag of fox farm ocean forest left and i noticed that when i go to get some soil out the inside of the bag feels damp . i also have a new bag 1.5 cubic feet fox farm ocean forest new and unopened and i sure it will be 2 or 3 months before i use any of it

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
is it better to keep soil in the bag or in a container if your keeping it for months ? i have about 1/4 a bag of fox farm ocean forest left and i noticed that when i go to get some soil out the inside of the bag feels damp . i also have a new bag 1.5 cubic feet fox farm ocean forest new and unopened and i sure it will be 2 or 3 months before i use any of it
When you buy the bags, they have holes in them so I'm assuming they need some sort of air exchange but I've also noticed if I keep it in the bag, it dries out a lot.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Bags are good because they breath more than containers bins. It should remain most, otherwise the salts in the media will from into pockets of hot nutrients. If you are getting a solid sweat on the inside of the bag, maybe add a couple little holes or keep the top open a little bit, not rolled up tight.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

ok thanks i wasnt sure if the moisture was good are bad i will just leave them in the corner in the bags

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

ok thanks i wasnt sure if the moisture was good are bad i will just leave them in the corner in the bags
Its important, but not to the point that you start growing mold in there. I think that only happened once, but it had many organic inputs to it.

Top Bottom