Soil is very acidic

• Thread starter Burnnriichh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCMonster

THCMonster

Dolomite lime, oyster shell, kelp meal, potash, algae extracts.

All these are good products for raising soil PH.

Becareful using too much of the same product though because excess nutrients can leach out depending on the type of amendment being used.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Also i would highly recommend getting a PH meter (even if its a cheap one, as long as its able to be calibrated).

Those color drop tests are horribly inaccurate!

Burnnriichh

Burnnriichh

Really, thanks for the advice will definitely get one 2ma. The capsules where a high price so I though maybe it was a better choice

THCMonster

THCMonster

Really, thanks for the advice will definitely get one 2ma. The capsules where a high price so I though maybe it was a better choice

The only downside with those is that as the liquid drops or capsules age their effectiveness goes down dramatically, and you have no idea how long they been sitting around for before you got them!

I will admit though, they could be accurate as of right now, but there's no real way to know.

Nothing bets a PH pen that is capable of being calibrated, because as long as you calibrate it right its always accurate! And it will stay accurate as long as you keep up with the calibration. (Most PH meters that are able to be calibrated dont come with the calibration solution, you have to buy that separately, but it lasts a long time)

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I wouldn't recommend either of these two products for a quick cheap PH soil tester unless there's someone on here familiar with them that says otherwise I think they lie.. and have left me scratching my head in wonder
IMG 20200515 092258407

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

This one is really cheap but also capable of being calibrated, if you are looking for a cheap but accurate one i would highly recommend this. The only downside is that you have to buy the calibration solution separately.

Can I swear on here?!:'*%©™✓... Okay I got it all out of my system...that's a great deal compared to the pictures that I posted in this thread it's less than half the cost of the orange one and a third of the cost of the green one and they suck.... Had to throw that in there.... Carry on 🥴😁🖖
https://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Mea...rds=calibrated+ph+meter&qid=1589586234&sr=8-5

Latest posts

Top Bottom