Soil Measurement Preferences

• Thread starter AudioLog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AudioLog

Need advise on soil measurement devices or methods from experienced farmers. Main concern is Ph. Have BluLabs for water, considering doing the same for soil, before doing so wanted to get some opinions from the herd. Any input is appreciated.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

Need advise on soil measurement devices or methods from experienced farmers. Main concern is Ph. Have BluLabs for water, considering doing the same for soil, before doing so wanted to get some opinions from the herd. Any input is appreciated.
use rockwool

sixstring

sixstring

blue labs makes soil probes and they work pretty good.just gotta make sure the soil is moist when ya probe it.
use rockwool
bad advice :shifty:

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

rockwool is better in every way possible, except for maybe taste. cleaner, faster growth rate, higher yields, more feedings , just everything you can think of. you can grow a monster plant in a 4 inch or 6 inch. everytime i would sell soil at the hydro store i worked at , the same people would come back for mighty wash or azamax etc... to get rid of the pests.

Toaster79

Toaster79

rockwool is better in every way possible, except for maybe taste. cleaner, faster growth rate, higher yields, more feedings , just everything you can think of. you can grow a monster plant in a 4 inch or 6 inch. everytime i would sell soil at the hydro store i worked at , the same people would come back for mighty wash or azamax etc... to get rid of the pests.

So in order to suit you everyone should switch to rockwool? Sorry mate, but I get by just perfect with my dirt and barely any nutes.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

because i cant grow in soil?? nice one. im telling the op that he should think of using rockwool because soil is inferior in every way possible. or maybe even coco, then switch to rockwool once he or she feels comfortable. how would you like me to test you JR.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

So in order to suit you everyone should switch to rockwool? Sorry mate, but I get by just perfect with my dirt and barely any nutes.
ive grown in soil as well. im just saying that you should maybe consider switching to a different medium. but if i came across rude im sorry. didnt mean to.

sixstring

sixstring

because i cant grow in soil?? nice one. im telling the op that he should think of using rockwool because soil is inferior in every way possible. or maybe even coco, then switch to rockwool once he or she feels comfortable. how would you like me to test you JR.
can you list the ways soil is inferior so everyone will know why the entire pot growing world will know why we all switched to rockwool?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I never needed or felt like needing a soil measuring device. The only measuring device I use while growing in soil is a pH pen to measure my tap pH. As long as it is between pH 7.0 -7.4 it's gonna turn out perfect. I also use biobizz nutes, beneficial organisms and molasses, compost teas. Basically organics. As long as you have microherd in your dirt you won't have to worry much about anything except for the strength of your feed. Just my .02

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

growth rate, cleanliness(no bugs), very sterile, yield, ease of use, controllability, more convenient(no lugging bags around.just a cardboard box of blocks). u can reuse if you want to, or recycle. most big ag uses it so that must mean something, or maybe thats just a coincidence. you can grow massive plants in it while being such a small (physical space) medium.

G gnome

G gnome

I also recommend gettin a bluelab ph probe. It'll plug right into ur reg ph meter

G gnome

G gnome

growth rate, cleanliness(no bugs), very sterile, yield, ease of use, controllability, more convenient(no lugging bags around.just a cardboard box of blocks). u can reuse if you want to, or recycle. most big ag uses it so that must mean something, or maybe thats just a coincidence. you can grow massive plants in it while being such a small (physical space) medium.

Move along bro...this aint the place for the age old debate of soil vs hydro. Having this argument is not pertinent to this thread

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

Confusing, your first post I quoted says the taste is better in soil over rockwool... then you say soil is inferior in every way possible...What about the taste? You need to make up your mind. Why would anybody want to use rockwool if it lacks in taste? I have never had pests growing in soil ever...

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

Confusing, your first post I quoted says the taste is better in soil over rockwool... then you say soil is inferior in every way possible...What about the taste? You need to make up your mind. Why would anybody want to use rockwool if it lacks in taste? I have never had pests growing in soil ever...
yeah i say better in every way EXCEPT for maybe taste.... what is hard to understand there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom