Soil Mix and Top Dressing Discussion

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

The current line up of soil that I'm using is a slightly modified moonshine mix. Mainly with added 3x coco to make it stretch. I haven't used this mix in over 6 months and am looking to go back and possibly make improvements.

1 bag of Ocean Forest 1.5 cuft
1 bag of Planting mix 1 cuft
1 bag of Light Warrior 1 cuft
3 bags of Canna Coco 4.5 cuft
+ Perlite 1 cuft

This is good enough for one maybe two waterings before the plants get hungry but acts as a great organic base which is living and can be feed.

For water I use straight tape bubbled for at least 24 hrs
with every watering I use
Calplex @ 2-4mls per gal
Protekt Silica @ 5mls per gal

Top dressing approx. every 7th day with a mixture of Peruvian sea bird guano, Mexican bat guano, and indonesian bat guano @ roughly a tablespoon per 2.5 gals of soil.

1 part peruvian sea bird 13 - 10 - 2
1/2 part indonesian bat .25 - 6 - .1
1/2 part mexican bat 5 - 1 - .5

give us an aproximate 18.25 - 17 - 2.6

or 4.6-4.3-.65

I think that this is right!
Please correct me if my logic is off with mixing the guanos.

anyways looking for input and further ideas. Open to any and all discussion.
Thanks

old.Ford

old.Ford

Hey, maybe you could help me or guide me in the right direction. Been growing for years but with Miracle grow. Now I gone with better genetics and have found that the MG burned my last grow. Now using foxfarm happy frog but don't know what to do about nutrients. Of the two that I am growing one is responding well, and the other, in a bigger pot(5GL) I mixed low dose of grow big in the water and sprayed into the mix before xplanting the germed seed. That one is growing a little slow and may have been hurt by the nutrients. Too expensive to fuck up. The seed is DNA genetics rocklock and it is said to be easy to grow no problem, but it looks sensitive to just a little grow big. mI only used 1/2 of a tsp to a gal of distilled nutral ph water. Can you help? Thanks old.Ford the farmer

Top Bottom