soil mix ok?

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I have been using promix. I recently got several very different cuts.

I fed them all the same and watched which ones were still hungry and which ones were light feeders.

Well it worked. I made all my notes.

Then I put some of the same cuttings in organic soil (which I have never used) and they ALL greened up nicely.....very nicely.

Soooo...I started thinking about the overall health of my plants and my inexperience... And the results I see from this organic soil. I kinda did it as an experimental afterthought, not expecting these results. Now I can't believe I never tried it.

So anyway here is what I used. Please tell me what you think. I am using PBP and Karma as base nutes. And I have been reading alot about earth juice for straight up organics. I am a little nervous about burning my girls with this soil and my inexperience. But I gotta try it because they are friggin singin the Buddy Hemphill song everytime I open the door since I gave them this organic soil!!..lol

5 parts roots organics, not 707
1 part WW earthworm castings
1 part Denali Gold humus
1.5 parts NorCal perlite

I use white widow for my myco.

Is this overkill on the castings and humus? If it is my girls don't know it yet....lol...they are in friggin Disneyland..

TIA
bud

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Seems hot, but if they're diggin it, don't mess! lol If you do have too much organic nutrient in there, they usually just "stall" instead of showing burn. Watch for the beginnings of Nitrogen claw- other than that, your girls should be fine. You'll probably want to add a little bloom nutrients when they hit the flowering stage, but hold off until they start to demand extra P and K for flower production. Good luck!

B

Buddy Hemphill

After 48 hrs I have 3 strains that are clawing. 6 that aren't.

I guess I got it a little hot. The OG is so friggin finicky I figured she would complain. Casey Jones and Afgoo are clawing a bit also. BS 2.2, Hash Plant, AL Tfuk, Twreck, jacks cleaner and sour grapes like it.

I am not sure how slow the plants react to soil like this as opposed to promix. If I am gonna get burn or serious side effects how long will it take to show? I will re-pot these suckers if I see any damage other that the clawing. Do you think that they will straighten themselves out after the plants settle in for a week or so? Or is this clawing likely to continue?

TIA

Top Bottom