soil mixes

• Thread starter danny954
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danny954

do you guys know any good soil mixes that give really good results?

S

SoCalGrower

Hi danny954

I use E. B. Stone Edna's Best Potting Soil

1) 1.5 qt pots (soil and perlite only) for about 17 days under floro's.

2) Up pot to 2 gallon pots. Mixture - 80% soil 20% perlite, small amount of bone meal and blood meal, small amount of Dolomite lime pellets. Send them under the big lights.

I give the soil a dolomite lime bath ( about a half gallon with 1-2 tablespoons powderized lime per gallon water), as soon as you do first transplant..

Vegggggggg.

3)At around 6 weeks (+or- a week) I go up to the next size pot (I like at least 5 gallon) using the same soil recipe above and lime bath. Send into flower in a week or two.

Remember Dolomite tea bath after every transplant.

Been using this recipe for many years with 1000's of plants. My feeding schedule has been refined also if interested.

G

Guano

Here are two very good organic soiless mixes...

LC’s Soiless Mix #1:
5 parts Canadian Spaghnam Peat or Coir or Pro-Moss
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings or mushroom compost or home made compost
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Or, if you use Pro Mix or Sunshine Mix...
LC's Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up)
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soiless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.

And a new addition: 1/3 Fox Farm Ocean Forest (or 50/50 OF/Happy Frog), 1/3 Coco Fiber, 1/3 Perlite. Feed with teas or PBP. Holy crap the results are amazing!

:D

B

BITYmagicBeanz

o shit thanks for the mixes man

danny. its best to make your own soil mix. so you know everything that goes in it!!

buy coco bricks.. vercumlite. perlite. and bat guano .soilox, , that will give you a top mix and fertislizer!. 3 jugs or perlite too 1 coco brick. and 1 jug of vercumlite.

Top Bottom