Soil: My PH is @ like 4... Yikes - Help!

• Thread starter dota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dota

Pics will come tomorrow when I can pick up my camera.

So - I have been really depressed the last 2 months, and I have let my garden go to complete shit... My bad.

I haven't been monitoring anything - just throwing my shit in, not even PH'ing water... So basically I am an idiot.

So now my PH is really fuggin low, and from what I have read people suggest: Dolomite lime, egg shell soaked water, and burnt hardwood ashes.

I am thinking that my plants could benifit from the calcium in the dolomite, but I am wondering if I should sprinkle it on top of the soil, or dilute it in water... I watered with water of 8 ph yesterday to try and raise it up, but my runoff was still around 5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

D

P

PureSugar

You should flush the plants with properly ph'd water. Then feed them with teas.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

youve been to wrapped up in Dota huh? lol that game can be very addicting I had to uninstall it from my computer. Uhh I would just flush with 8phed water a few times then just water them 6.5 from now on.

J

jordisgarden

if growing in soil what the best possible ph...soiless promix? mine always stays at like 6 to 6.25 is that too low

D

dota

Yes - Dota is very addictive... I play way too much. Aght thanks for the advice.

- Cheers.

D

B

blood

Take your plants one by one, put them in the sink or the tub, and let the water from the tap just run through the pots for 15 minutes or so. Make sure the water is not too cold. This should help to flush them out and raise the pH to acceptable level. You should also probably ease up on the nutes in the subsequent feeds :sick0010: --> ;)

D

dota

Anyone think I should add dolomite lime to the surface of the soil?

S

seabass212

I am not trying to be a complete dick or anything, but if you are that lazy to ph your water then why are you even bothering to do this? that take 30 seconds to do and now you have to waste hours to fix it. I dont get it. please dont take it the wrong way.

D

dota

Uh - sorry to call you a moron, but I don't mean anything by it...

C

CAPO

hope ya feel better Dota.

Maybe spoil yourself and take a cheap vacay to somewhere you've never been.

You get to feelin like your old SELF and the plants will too!

Top Bottom