??????????soil not rockwool

• Thread starter saffron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

saffron

hi all,ive just found out that the cuttings im getting tommorow are in soil ,,,oh no i said ,ive got a iws system so i need them in rockwool,looks like im gonna have to grow these take a cutting or two when big enuff,,,4 a mother ,and do my iws bubbler next time round unless some1 has a better idea?????????

H

hedster44

You should be fine. Just take some nice clean PH'd water and fill a bucket and gently rinse the dirt off the roots. Then just put it in you system once the roots are all dirt free. Try that with one plant first, but really it should be fine. I run both DWC and soil and have transplanted young plants from soil to hydro before with no real problems. The plant will probably be a little stressed at first but should come around and be back to normal within a couple days. Hope that helps ya saffron.

H

hedster44

One more thing, when I do the transplant from soil to my DWC setup I typically also top feed my for the first few days until new roots start to grow out the bottom of my net pots. So you may want to set your iws system to feed an extra time or two per day unless you already have other more mature plants in the system.

S

saffron

hey hedster thanks gor the info ,much appreciated,,,,im new to this iws bubbler system,,,when they are young how many times would u let the pots fill in a 24hr period???once they have started to root ,and any other little tips u have which will keep me on track would be great ,thanks

H

hedster44

I never have used the IWS but if your using hydroton as your medium you would have to feed fairly often since it drys out so fast. I would say maybe start at feeding 5 or 6 times every 3 hrs. or so for 15 minutes while the lights are on. Once the plants have a little more roots established then you should cut down the number of feedings to like 3 or 4 feeding while the lights are on.

Top Bottom