Soil Or Top Pearlit Turning Green ??

• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Broken

Broken

Ok I know this was from to much moisture where the cuts were in a dome. I cam home after 5 days to find it.

Will peroxide kill it? if not what will

hillbil

hillbil

I grow algae from time to time myself. Not noticed any harm. Comes with mix components themselves at times. Promix being wet the first time has done it in a few days under lights. Algae will grow on the inside of a container if it isn't opaque. You can paint the inside a dark color to stop that.

WonderDawg

WonderDawg

You need to let your medium dry out more. Roots grow the fastest when they are running out of water. Odds are if you are growing algae, your medium isn't drying out nearly enough between feedings.

WonderDawg

WonderDawg

You need to let your medium dry out more. Roots grow the fastest when they are running out of water. Odds are if you are growing algae, your medium isn't drying out nearly enough between feedings.
This is ESPECIALLY true if you are trying to root clones. They will root faster if you let the medium almost completely dry out.

Broken

Broken

At the time they were being sprayed as they had no roots and had to take water in thru the leafs. Also they were in a dome. They are way past that point now and thriving. Thanks for the input

Wonder Dawg

Wonder Dawg

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't spray them with water and only soak the tray they will root way faster. FYI. You are making your clones take longer than they should to root, guaranteed.

Top Bottom