Soil PH and Water PH Fluxuations

• Thread starter Omaha101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Omaha101

I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and when I test the PH of the water I'll get a reading of 6.8. But when I test the soil PH, it comes in around 6.0. Can anyone help shed some light on this as to why. Also can anyone advise on a good PH meter for both soil & liquid?

Newty

Newty

I use Fox Farm, I mix 1 part Happy Frog to 2 Parts Ocean Forest.
I water with tap water filtered through a Zero Water filter.
I've never once tested ph of my water or soil, plants never showed a reason to so I don't see the need to.

Are your plants having issues? If not, I wouldn't stress about it.

6.0-6.8 is the proper ph for soil so it sounds like you're good to go

Stokes

Stokes

I wouldnt go chasing soil ph unless youre having issues. I assume youre having issues?

O

Omaha101

No, no issues. I just wasn't sure why, and I didn't realize that the soil PH is not much of an issue. Thanks-

Stokes

Stokes

No, no issues. I just wasn't sure why, and I didn't realize that the soil PH is not much of an issue. Thanks-

It absolutely can be depending on your water. But yeah. Dont ever look at that shit in soil unless you have to, you will be chasing your tail and sometimes over nothing

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Contrary to what some individuals believe soil pH is a huge issue

The organic decomposition in your soil causes acidity. You're runoff pH is already at 6, when you get into the fives with your soil run off you're going to have lockouts and other issues from it.

Better to take a minute to adjust your pH, keep track of your runoff pH and learn what dolomite lime can do to stabilize pH

Top Bottom