Soil Question: Edna's Best Potting Soil

• Thread starter Downhomedude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Downhomedude

Downhomedude

It's time to water so I was wondering if I need to use nutrients with this soil blend. .. if so what kind and how much? I was looking at some fish fertilizer, earth juice, other brands in that price range. .. thanks for your help - DHD

"E.B. Stone Edna's Best Potting Soil now contains mycorrhizal fungi which are beneficial organisms that colonize the roots of most plants and become a natural extension of the root system. Contains: Aged Fir Bark, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Aged Redwood, Volcanic Pumice, Earthworm Castings, Washed Sand, Kelp Meal, Bat Guano, Feather Meal, Gypsum and Mycorrhizae.Oyster Shell Lime and Dolomite Lime are added as pH adjusters. A natural wetting agent, Yucca shidegera saponin, has been added to help remoisten the product."

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Maybe just get them into the soil and establish themselves..........they will tell you if something needs doing(feedings etc) that soil seems like its got a great base to work with imho.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Volcanic Pumice, Earthworm Castings, Washed Sand, Kelp Meal, Bat Guano, Feather Meal, Gypsum and Mycorrhizae.Oyster Shell Lime,,,, I use those myself!

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I usually plant then wait for them to turn a lighter green (couple of weeks for them to use up alot of the food). Then start feeding

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Smart method, i have ruined good potting bases overdoing it with N-P-K's!
here's a good pic of a couple diff issues you can see......
Deficient and burn
and here's one of them nearing the final phase of flowering.......

Flowering cycle ending

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Its not time to water until the pot feels light when lifted and the top few inches are crumble to dust dry. Overwatering will cause root rot and show up as burns and discoloration on the leaves.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Just for shits and giggles go out and buy yourself some epsom salts my brother!

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Well just have it in your shelves so when the need arrives its there for ya brother. ATM, i'd suggest letting the soil dry out as best as possible and yeah man i can't see how a foliar application when its not under direct light would hurt. Epsoms can be used on plants to help on certain things.

Downhomedude

Downhomedude

It looks like I'm in need of nutrients, at least some N; is it ok to water with nutrients if it is not time to water, or better to wait it out til the soil is dry?

Irietime

Irietime

Let it dry. Then give it a boost. You don't want to compound the problem

Top Bottom