Soil Questions

• Thread starter mr x
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr x

i am using schultz Potting soil plus 0.08-0.12-0.08 thats feeds your plant should i be giving it other nutrients i have schultz 10-15-10 food im just starting my growing journey i order some equipment and books but i have one growing in my closet 31 days old 8 inches tall so was wondering if i should be giving it the other nutrients i have . also when should it go in a bigger container and what the best kinda soil i can use organic? any help would be great thanks

Soil questions
RastaZombie

RastaZombie

Super and just add water... Wither buy the pre mix through monster gardens or make your own. Personally the roots may be bound a bit by wither container or lack of air space. So i would transplant at least to a gallon. I have babies i popped from reg seeds feb 16th and placed in soikd about a few days later and now are mainly in 1 gal and over a foot each for the most part.

Capture 2018 03 25 03 20 01
S

Shadrock5

Super and just add water... Wither buy the pre mix through monster gardens or make your own. Personally the roots may be bound a bit by wither container or lack of air space. So i would transplant at least to a gallon. I have babies i popped from reg seeds feb 16th and placed in soikd about a few days later and now are mainly in 1 gal and over a foot each for the most part.
i am using schultz Potting soil plus 0.08-0.12-0.08 thats feeds your plant should i be giving it other nutrients i have schultz 10-15-10 food im just starting my growing journey i order some equipment and books but i have one growing in my closet 31 days old 8 inches tall so was wondering if i should be giving it the other nutrients i have . also when should it go in a bigger container and what the best kinda soil i can use organic? any help would be great thanks
Hey, I grow in soil also and have been very happy with fox farms happy frog. Acualy i germ in a catcus mix it is miricle grow bit i only use it in the first solo cup. It germinates they super fast i have had seed pop in 2 days in that stuff. But then right into the happy frog and 1 gal pot ( you should have already potted up i would say) but... yeah pot up and hold off on nutes. Give the plant about 3 weeks to use the natural stuff in the soil - cal/mag if your uner led for sure i use cal mag almost ever watering. Then when i see any leaf change- color- size- or it sort of stall out in veg. I use dyna grow- grow formula half dose every other watering- it depends on the plant too. Then I go to a 3 gal but I mix in some fox farm strawberry fields i actualy kinda layer it. I putt about 3 in. Of strawberry field in bottom. Then i use about a 70/30 mix of strawberry and happy then top with all stawberry and they love that strawberry fields and boom straight to flower still cal/mag ( i use led so it seems they need it .... dint know y) but i wait about 3 weeks to a month then i do the grow - and protect foliar spray it - not the bloom or any other give them about 3 maybe 4 feedings and i only water when very dry and only enough to get a little water from drain holes I do low nutes so i dont "flush" i just keep happy and perky. Im sure i should use more nutes im sure someone will say flush soil but i feel it depletes it when you flush heavy them you have to use nutes. I have had all kimda issues with lock out and wierd leaf issues so... not the super fan of the nutes. Im sorta new so take it for what its worth. I like the ff soil happyfrog amd strawberry fields you cant go wrong. Just my 2 cents.

M

mr x

how much water should i be giving my plant right bow i give it about 250 ml every couple days when the soil feels dry couple inches down still trying to figure out the weight thing . is that enough water or. not enough i dont add anything to it and boil it to get cholrine out ph lever of are city water 6-7.5

S

Shadrock5

how much water should i be giving my plant right bow i give it about 250 ml every couple days when the soil feels dry couple inches down still trying to figure out the weight thing . is that enough water or. not enough i dont add anything to it and boil it to get cholrine out ph lever of are city water 6-7.5
I just fill hallon jugs and let them sit over night to dechlorify < if thats a word lol, and dont ph tap water up or down unless its well water the sitting over night keeps it about the right ph.. i tried using the ph adjusters with my tap water and it messed everything up. I reas on another forum from a long time grower that the soil and tap water are just fine I do check it from time to time so if you want to ch ck the ph do it from the run off after your water. Basicaly i water it until i see a little running out of drain holes. One trick i learned ( because when the soil is dry water can run around the edges and soak the dirt well) but in your 1 gal put a coffee filter in the bottom and a few stones or if you want to keep ph up a lottle over 6 sprinkle some pine just plain pine bark mulch on top of filter. When tou pot up to your 3 or 5 gal. Use a paper towel helps slow run off. Then i just stick my finger in the soil if its dry 2 in. Down float the top let it soak im a sec and float the top of soil again them just let um drink it up. Best advise i have read so far is that " if you spend more than 10 min. A day with your plants its too long" unless your commercial grower of course. The more time your in the room the more chance you have of introducing mites or mildew or something you dont want. Sorry to run on loke this but its rare i get to help lol im usualy asking for help myself. Last thing buy some ladybugs on amazon 5 bucks for couple hundres of them. I made a little bug house to keep them in but i toss a few in and they keep the plants awesomely clean and happy no chance for mites or aphids ladybugs are bad asses lol

Top Bottom