Soil recipes

• Thread starter spidermite king
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spidermite king

I want to start a thread where everyone can post their soil recipes and compare and bounce ideas off of eachother. Everyone puts their own twist or own little special something in. I just recently swithched to a new recipe but haven't mixed it yet. So I'll start by posting my old and then my new recipe. Feel free to comment because these were just walking around my grow shop reading labels and grabbing things. I have a grasp on the concept but have alot to learn. So lets make this a great informational thread people.

Old:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Fox Farm Light Warrior
Worm Castings
per-lite
Jersey green sand
Dolomite lime

New:
Roots Organic 707
Roots Organics Greenfields
Worm castings
per-lite
Dolomite lime
Jersey green sand
Humic acid
Myco Maximium
Epsom Salt

T

treehugger

I commonly see the metaphor "building" a soil, but rarely see much attention made about the "structure" of a soil. A plants roots traverse a scaffolding that is the texture of the substrate that you construct, the innate qualities you provide here can be as important as any basic nutrient.

Dunge

Dunge

My concoction

I first made this formulation last May and have since mixed up another batch to get me through the winter.

Makes 11 cubic feet of good soil that can carry through flower with water and tea only.

5 cubic feet local peat/sand blend (pure Alaska from the bog off College road)
3 cubic feet compost (looks like wood chips)
2 cubic feet perlite
.7 cubic feet earth worm castings ($26 per bag is why only one)
5 pounds Bat Guano (high P)
4 pound bone meal
3.5 pounds blood meal

I have a few concerns:
Have read that perlite is a dated component to super soil.
Need to find a better compost as I believe it is a critical nutritive and microbial contributor to a good organic soil.
Would welcome a replacement for the expensive bat guano.
Same goes for earth worm castings.

Components are scaled to match the size of the box or bag this stuff comes in.

I have been very happy growing my girls in this medium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom