Soil roots organics vs.fox farms (your opinion)

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Roots organice vs. fox farms ocean. Forest or Happy frog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
straincreation

straincreation

What up every one question to any body growin soil. I've been growin for about 5 years I've had about 15 or so harvests 4 Out and the rest in, any ways ive always went with fox farms ocean forest but I can get roots organice
For cheaper and I've been told its a damn decent soil, what is some of your opinions on it thnx... One love

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ocean forest isn't what I used to be a couple of years ago, well at least from when I used it. I am running some Roots 707 and some Happy frog. Gonna say 707 is the winner for me so far.

shaker1

shaker1

Hi, and welcome. I veg my plants in roots original and have had zero issues. Done alot of reading and find it to be among the best. I use a "super soil" with roots as the base for flowering and again, zero issues. All I do is add water with a couple drops of lemon juice and unsulfered blackstrap mol. First grow was 2 plants and 4+ oz's. Pics are current grow on that soil, 4 weeks flowering.

IMG 0729
IMG 0728
nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
If you have strains that like heavy feeding then ffof is the one as long as you don't get ra's. Also depends on how you are growing. big difference in time in pot between a 5 gallon or 30 gallon. I always experienced heavy fungas knat's in roots 707 and in to a lesser extent in the roots organic mix. That may be a local thing but it does suck. I think you can get a little better flavor out of the roots but smaller yealds then the ffof. I also agree with cemchris that ff is not what it use to be. Also happy frog is basicly lome. I could get a unit of this for about 200 bucks delivered and have about the same results. lol If you try it feed heavy and look close for nutrient lock up! There is much better soil for the money!

straincreation

straincreation

If you have strains that like heavy feeding then ffof is the one as long as you don't get ra's. Also depends on how you are growing. big difference in time in pot between a 5 gallon or 30 gallon. I always experienced heavy fungas knat's in roots 707 and in to a lesser extent in the roots organic mix. That may be a local thing but it does suck. I think you can get a little better flavor out of the roots but smaller yealds then the ffof. I also agree with cemchris that ff is not what it use to be. Also happy frog is basicly lome. I could get a unit of this for about 200 bucks delivered and have about the same results. lol If you try it feed heavy and look close for nutrient lock up! There is much better soil for the money!
thanks for the advice yo, quite helpful indeed. so your saying to feed heavy on the roots organics? ive always used ffof cause its one of the best of ff's finest soils in my opinion never had gnats , though i did deal with root aphids while growin hydro happened a couple seasons back those fuckers, those fuckers cost me so much damn money,they can burn but. any ways thanks for the advice. and im running 15 gal in flowering and im running two og strains that are really vulnerable to PM witch means i need less moisture how is it in a side by side if you have any advice on that thanks ....one love
Ocean forest isn't what I used to be a couple of years ago, well at least from when I used it. I am running some Roots 707 and some Happy frog. Gonna say 707 is the winner for me so far.
Hi, and welcome. I veg my plants in roots original and have had zero issues. Done alot of reading and find it to be among the best. I use a "super soil" with roots as the base for flowering and again, zero issues. All I do is add water with a couple drops of lemon juice and unsulfered blackstrap mol. First grow was 2 plants and 4+ oz's. Pics are current grow on that soil, 4 weeks flowering.
thanks for the advice nice plants

sounds good thanks alot, i went hydro and now im coming back to soil, so i wanted to get it straight cause i know shit has changed ive heard that ff has gone to shit from many sources. i use it on my house hold plants but nothing thats really gonna show an impact in yeild/production... but ive also heard roots RO is doing some big things so ya thanks for the input....one love

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
roots treated me pretty good on the last run...i pulled qp plants in ten gallon containers

philly kush

philly kush

ROOTS for my ladies i also use it for my cuttings with nice results

Alter Ego

Alter Ego

Some ppl say that FFOF is too hot, some ppl say Roots have pH flucuations. Sooooooo I mix 1 bag of FFOF, 1 bag of Roots, 1 bag of Roots Bigworm Earthworm castings and 1 bag of FFLW (lighten the mix) and then I ammend my soil with Alfalfa mean, Kelp, Greensand, Garden Lime, and 4 differnt kinds of Bat/PSB guano. I let it "bake" for 6 weeks then use it. Plants freaking loooooooove it! I don't ever need to fertilize. I just *add water*.

If I only want to use 1 kind of soil. I would pick Roots all day everyday.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I mix up SubCool's SuperSoil which uses Roots as a base. I'm half way through flower in my first run using it, and I'm very happy.

outwest

straincreation

straincreation

Roots is good stuff but unfortunately it's infested with gnat larvae. I prefer Happy Frog.
thats what ive seen bugs bugs and more bugs dead and alive pincher bugs water bugs ll stick with fox farms...yo is that the soma a+ in your profile pick shit looks nice

shaker1

shaker1

I mix up SubCool's SuperSoil which uses Roots as a base. I'm half way through flower in my first run using it, and I'm very happy.

outwest
...I too can vouch for supersoil. Simple and very effective. Just add water...(and unsulfered mol.).

Top Bottom