Soil staying wet/couple of questions

• Thread starter rikeoffc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rikeoffc

rikeoffc

Hello, I'm growing my first weed ever and I'm little confused, because I have a lots of things to worry about, since there are a lot of experienced people here I decided to ask some questions hoping to get help. thank you all in advance.
So, first of all, seed is Tutankhamon Autofem, I heard that autofems are really soft seeds and I want everything to be good. I'm growing on a rooftop so plant gets a lot of sun and light. It's around 25 C here and these past few days it was raining a lot. The plant is in around 5th week (these seeds grow in 2.5 month) My main problem is that the soil stays really wet, even after 1 week from watering it's still wet inside and I'm afraid because of that, because they need feeding right now and I can't water. Also it's in 20L container. feel free to give me as much advise as you can because i'm really nervous. Thank you all.

Soil staying wetcouple of questions
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Make sure you have drain holes.

What soil is it... do not water until it starts to get light...

Depending on the soil and if it's preferted, organic or no nutrients will have a impact on how you want to water it.

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

Make sure you have drain holes.

What soil is it... do not water until it starts to get light...

Depending on the soil and if it's preferted, organic or no nutrients will have a impact on how you want to water it.
thank you for reply!
Plant gets a lot of light, it usually rains at night, but the rain doesn't drop on plant or soil because I have it covered. also it's organic soil and I have the drain holes, but when I water the plant water doesn't come from drain holes and I don't know why...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

thank you for reply!
Plant gets a lot of light, it usually rains at night, but the rain doesn't drop on plant or soil because I have it covered. also it's organic soil and I have the drain holes, but when I water the plant water doesn't come from drain holes and I don't know why...
Try enlarging those holes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm gonna save some time here... if you have questions after let er rip.

With organics you don't need to water until runoff.

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

One more question, sometimes the leaves go down almost drooping, but I doubt it's from overwatering or underwatering because I try to water when the soil gets dry. It usually happens afternoon but I've noticed that happening at morning too. what exactly can cause this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they are pretty large, my guess is that the container is too big, can this be a problem?
Also next time fill those pots all the way up... the plants don't look to bad... you don't have to worry about needing to water them just wait until they need it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One more question, sometimes the leaves go down almost drooping, but I doubt it's from overwatering or underwatering because I try to water when the soil gets dry. It usually happens afternoon but I've noticed that happening at morning too. what exactly can cause this?
Take photos and time of day... morning is normal especially is cooler nights until they get light for a bit. Take pictures next time it happens in the afternoon and the conditions

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

Take photos and time of day... morning is normal especially is cooler nights until they get light for a bit. Take pictures next time it happens in the afternoon and the conditions
Okay thank you, you helped me a lot brother ! have a nice day

Top Bottom