Soil tests: Subcool, Soma questions

• Thread starter Dr.G13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr.G13

Hello everyone at the farm. ill get to the point

I want to do some soil tests. Im building Soma style beds with the hydroton, plastic poutry fence, root cloth then soil, also PVC is inserted in the beds...

but my question is this. I've looked long and hard for a similar substitute for "DCM Organic Fertilizer 7-6-12 +4Mgo" but cant really find anything all that close.

Im going to make Subcools Super Soil, Soma's organic Soil and my buddy wants to compare his homemade soil that i can list the parts to later, he swears by his soil so Im going to put these three to the test. I want to be as close as possible to the instructions that Subcool and Soma give but DCM is a brand that doesn't seem to be in America.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, as im an experienced hydro grower but not so much at soil. (soil was a looong time ago ;) )

D

Dr.G13

oh yea, is black peat the same as black peat moss when it comes to a soil recipe? it seems pretty specific saying "150 Liters Black Peat"

S

Shredder

[I want to do some soil tests. Im building Soma style beds with the hydroton, plastic poutry fence, root cloth then soil, also PVC is inserted in the beds.../QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with this do you have a link, or could you expand on this, as to the what's and why's? Thanks, I will be interested in your results......shredder

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here are the Soma beds from an article a few years back...

Tex

Soma Beds Page 1
Soma Beds Page 2
Soma Beds Page 3
Soma Beds Page 4
S

sidewing

what do u want to know im very familiar with subcools super soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom