soil to coco

• Thread starter ca_digger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ca_digger

im wanting to use coco instead of soil as i think it will give better plants,full of my favorite meds. i figure i would start small and work my way into converting my intire garden am i on the right track and how often do i water. how much different is it than soil.

P

potgutz

Never used soil myself but hydro plants grow quicker and better yields I use pots and mix in some dolomite lime watering I start off one min every 4 hours then increase to 2 min flower cycle 2 min every 3 hours also its a good idea to put expanded clay balls on top cause one time I got moss on top of the coco plus the balls spread the water better. gL with it

purpleberry

purpleberry

Just treat it like soil and use the same pots, nutes and watering cycle, just dont let them dry out real bad, and add some calmag. youll be good. Ive always use coco and tried out some soil a few times and im done with soil, Coco gives you a much better root system, they love that shit. Its really not that different from soil as some people make it out to be, Id say its easyer, ive been having zero fert problems with botanicare line. PBP, calmag, hydroplex, silca, molases, ect

A

A-Roe

I was thinking about trying a few plants in coco. My question was could you water by hand once a day or every other day like soil or do you have to have a timed watering. If it has to be timed Im sticking to my stand-alones, all I have to do with those bad boys is keep a check on water levels and PPMs.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I water like soil when they nedd it, Everyother day is the best i think. If you have to wait longer for the pot to dry, your pot is to big, This is after week 1 of flower.
If you have to water every day, your good, Its just a pain in the ass.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Coco needs to be watered every single day. You DO NOT treat it like soil. Never ever should you let the pots get even remotely dry, your roots will dry up and turn brown on you. Coco is meant to stay moist and be fed heavily. If you don't want to water every day or multiple times a day, stick to soil.

:character0180:

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I have to disagree with Surfr. If you use 100% coco and you water everyday you will get stem rot and slow root growth. I would reccommend starting with pure coco and hand water to get an idea of how much water they are gonna need. Once you figure your feed schedule you can put a drip system in. If you are experienced you can mix in some chunky perlite but the more you add the more you are gonna have to water. Personally I do water multiple times per day but I grow in about 20% coco and the rest perlite.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
All i use is coco hommie and i hand water just make sure to give the a big enough pot and enough water I would go with a minimum of a 5gallon bucket but i prefer 7gallon buckets and i'm thinking of going to 10gal if you go with a small pot your gonna get such a massive root mass your gonna have to water 2 and 3 times a day. check out my thread when you get a min and you can see what coco can do for you stay up peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom