soil with organics with a low PH.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I am presently running General organics liquid nutrients.

The only problem is the PH of the water drops to 4.7 ph.

The instructions say to not worry about the PH and water, but that is insane.

I don't know what to do?

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Get the GH PH up and Down Kit I think it like 20$ shit goes a long ways use very sparingly.I have used there Bloom which always comes out at 6.3-6.5 with a tap at 6.8.Whats your tap ph ?

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
I am presently running General organics liquid nutrients.

The only problem is the PH of the water drops to 4.7 ph.

The instructions say to not worry about the PH and water, but that is insane.

I don't know what to do?

What kind of soil, do you have really good EWC/compost?

juggernaut

juggernaut

running rev's 2.1 at 50%.
i have potassium silica.

It's distilled water and it's coming in at 6.1
It's the Bio Marine that floors it.
I actually checked the Alaska fish fert 5-1-1 and it drops the ph hard as well.
I want my water to be at 6.5. Well that's my goal.

juggernaut

juggernaut

I just want to keep it all organic or as close as possible when it comes to PH anyways.

D

Dr.Green.Thumb

You dont need to ph the general organic nutriet line. But if you wanna do it for peace of mind get the "earth juice natural up." It wont kill your beni's in your soil.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

You dont need to ph the general organic nutriet line. But if you wanna do it for peace of mind get the "earth juice natural up." It wont kill your beni's in your soil.

I know that's what they say, but if his meter is right, that is low .Sure the soil will buffer some but I wouldn't go that low in soil. I have and my plants didn't like :no. If you are wanting to stay organic as you can why not move to a High N guano I run a 10-5-1, and use EWC tea, if My vegging was any better I would have to get a bigger room !!!:pimp:

squiggly

squiggly

Its really important to know how much solution will be applied to know if soil will act as a good "antacid". pH changes under dilution because it is the negative log of the hydrogen ion concentration. Thus amount of free ions is relative to the amount solution applied because concentration is amount per unit volume. in this case given in molarity.

So a pH of 4.7 in 1L of solution works out to:

pH = -log[H+] = 4.7

10^-4.7 = [H+] in Molarity = 1.995x10^-5 M

1.995x10^-5 M = 1.995x10^-5 moles/liter (molarity)

1.995X10-5 moles/liter x 1L = 1.995x10^-5 moles

1mol = 6.022x10^23 molecules (Avogadro's number).

So, rounding. 2x10^-5mol x 6x10^23 molecules/mole = 12x10^18 molecules

=1.2x10^19 molecules or 12,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is like 12 bazillion or something.

if you instead put in a pH of 5.3 you end up somewhere around 3x10^18molecules

or 3 with the same amount of zeros. a 4-fold decrease in number.

pH is on a logarithmic scale which means it works in powers of 10, each change in pH of 1 unit is equivalent to one order of magnitude change (or 10-fold).

It's for this reason I've been recently looking into buffering feeding solutions. AN sells something like this I believe, and to my eyes if it's a simple buffer it is waaaaaaay over priced.

Top Bottom