soil

• Thread starter stickyickyicky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stickyickyicky

Going to do an outdoor medical grow this spring.Have been using happyfrog.Does anyone have a diy recipe for a soil mixture that wont be to hot and will be as good or better than fox farm.Will be needing 48 200 gallon raised bedsso labor will be factor.

B

BayAreasFinest

I Checked Craigslist for a used cement mixer to mix my soil.

There are better recipes for soil then what i use but I have found that its much cheaper and works very well. I use the soil from my backyard mixed with 50% perlite. 50% soil. Then I mix the following Down to earth Products according to the box.
Bat Guano 0-7-0
Blood Meal 12-0-0
K-Mag 0-0-22 at 50%
Then I top my beds with a 2 inches of mixture of Pelletized Seabird Guano and Down to Earth Worm Compost at a 4.5:(.5) mixture. compost to seabird Guano. Hope that helps ive never seen bad results.

S

stickyickyicky

ya im not sure about bloodmeal out side,im in bear,racoon,straight critter country but thnks for the info.I will pobably start with a bulk nursery mix and add the guano k-mag perite ect.

B

BayAreasFinest

ouch on the bears. I use this stuff called liquid fence around my beds ever 3 weeks. My dogs wont even go near my beds lol

Blaze

Blaze

Look into getting compost or pre mixed soil from a local soil company. Using bagged soil is extremely expensive - if you buy it direct from a soil company you will save a lot of money. You can buy good quality organic soil that is ready to go for as little as $45 a yard.

Top Bottom