soiless ph help

• Thread starter shizzipoof
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shizzipoof

Hi all,
Currently using Sunshine #4 right out of the bag as the medium. A soil ph meter is used and the needle is leaning towards 8. This usually happens when the plants are watered. Within a couple of days the needle moves towards 7. Either the well water's ph is out of whack or the meter is not working properly. I think the water's ph is out of whack. What can be done to lower the ph of the water before the plants are watered? Is using GH's ph up and down(normally used for hydroponics) ok for soil use?

About the grow:
  • S.A.D autoflower
  • About a week and a half old
  • Organic using BMO(Blue Mountain Organics) in compost tea form

What was done today:
There is a gallon of water with BMO Super Plant Tonic and BMO Foliar Harmony(NPK: 2-4-2) bubbling for 2 days. Today 8oz of BMO compost tea was fed to each of those plants. The plants are about a week and a half old. I hope that wasn't too much nutrients being fed to the plants and hope they aren't to young. Feeding the plants was an attempt to lower the ph by using compost tea.

Here are some pictures:
1208.jpg

2166.jpg

S

sk2004

Could never get consistent results with a soil pH meter. Just pH adjust nutrient solution using pH up (water here is always acidic) with the hanna grochek meter to 5.8 to 6. If any issues, can always flush and check runoff.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

i'd shit can the soil meter as they are notoriously junk and you are doing soil less any way so ph your nutes down to 5.8-6.3 and keep it varied for better uptake and check your run off instead of your medium
re ph down? i buy 85% h2so4 on line at about $50 per gallon and add it to 4 gallons of water so it's about $10 a gal and about the same strength as gh ph down which is about $10 a quart around here
read up on mixing water and acid if you do this so you don't burn yourself

fwiw

S

shizzipoof

much appreciated! looks like i will be buying a digi meter, calibration liquid, storage solution along with some ph up and down. here goes another 100 bucks. this hobby is getting expensive lol

darkpink

darkpink

check your meters calibration and recalibrate oo its a needle?, throw it away and get somthing relativly inexpensive on line some place. i wouldnt use a soil meter anyhow. check run off and adjust accordingly. ph of 6 is just fine for your media.

dont feed your girs to lower ph adjust with just phd water. your gh ph products are fine for this. remember to feed, water, water then feed again, dont make everyones beginner mistake and feed feed feed etc. feed water feed water is the norm to be safe feed water water feed etc.

your babies are looking good so far

dp

S

shizzipoof

check your meters calibration and recalibrate oo its a needle?, throw it away and get somthing relativly inexpensive on line some place. i wouldnt use a soil meter anyhow. check run off and adjust accordingly. ph of 6 is just fine for your media.

dont feed your girs to lower ph adjust with just phd water. your gh ph products are fine for this. remember to feed, water, water then feed again, dont make everyones beginner mistake and feed feed feed etc. feed water feed water is the norm to be safe feed water water feed etc.

your babies are looking good so far

dp

Thanks dp! You were the first person to say the girls are doing good. I've been to 3 other websites with no responses.

Top Bottom