Soiless question

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

Is there a medium that I can hand water no more than ONCE at the beginning of the light cycle, that would still be hydro? I would like to be able to scoop water out of my RDWC. Something that holds water for longer than rockwool.

I thought of coco but you need to water that more often don't you? I'm trying to grow out some from seeds to find a good mother to ultimately go into my RDWC so I don't want to use soil as it may be harder to judge for me.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I water only once a day in coco with 2 and 3 gallon pots. Coco holds a lot of water.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yes and my plants are huge. I veg for 8 weeks. I start in a 1 gallon pot and transplant to 2 or 3 gallon pots 2 weeks before the flip.

I've got a thread on here if you want to check it out. Click on my username and go to stats then posts if you want to check it out. My thread is called "WIFI done right, we will see."

S

Shamanfarmer

sunshine #4. I grow in containers ranging from 5 gal to 20 gal and water when needed, usually every 2-4 days. I never water anything every day, never any need. I'm not getting huge yields, 6 oz from 5 gal containers and 8-10 from the larger containers. Some people may argue with me but since it has no nutrients in it sunshine #4 is still hydro.

S

Shamanfarmer

And no, depending on the coco you can go days without watering. I'm doing some experimenting with coco right now and watering almost exactly the same as ss #4.

V

Vanilla Smasher

I'm doing a hempy right now with hydroton in reservoir, perlite up to top and then just a thin layer of hydroton again since it seems very good at keeping the moist in.

Once I know the roots have reached the reservoir I can leave it for several days usually.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I water every 3 days in coco.. But it depends on the size of the plants I run medium size plants in 2-3 gal smart pots.. OGONLY waters everyday in his coco cuz he has super huge trees in his coco..

Top Bottom