Soilless Promix Hp Soil Runoff 6.8 Fine?

• Thread starter cowboyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyz

My plants been dropping for awhile now and my friend told me the runoff is too high and it need to be at least at 6 for runoff I try to flush but no matter how much I flush them the runoff stay at 6.8. I flush them at 5.5. Can anybody help me to make the runoff to 6.0?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

My plants been dropping for awhile now and my friend told me the runoff is too high and it need to be at least at 6 for runoff I try to flush but no matter how much I flush them the runoff stay at 6.8. I flush them at 5.5. Can anybody help me to make the runoff to 6.0?

Did you use lime when you mixed your soil? How much? How big is the container and is it further ammended?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

What nutrient line are you using, specifically what is everything you are using. Sounds like a big picture problem to me, something is buffering PH too well, too alkali, what kind of water are you using?

C

cowboyz

3part
What nutrient line are you using, specifically what is everything you are using. Sounds like a big picture problem to me, something is buffering PH too well, too alkali, what kind of water are you using?
3 parts GH, root exceluator, dynogrow silica, an b52, GH diamond netor and I'm using tap water, and I been water and feeding them at 6.5 for 4 weeks now but just found out its suppose to be at 6.2 at the high when I flush the pH doesn't move one bit

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

3part
3 parts GH, root exceluator, dynogrow silica, an b52, GH diamond netor and I'm using tap water, and I been water and feeding them at 6.5 for 4 weeks now but just found out its suppose to be at 6.2 at the high when I flush the pH doesn't move one bit
What dosage rate on the pro-tekt, it does have a tendency to gum things up and it is fairly alkali. Its difficult to flush it out from what I hear, hopefully someone with some experience there can chime in, those are my thoughts though good luck and good vibes!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Good question there, i just assumed since he was in soilless promix that he should be alright there.
Some people claim you cannot overwater with ProMix since it essentially a hybrid hydro. I am not sure on that as I dont use PM.

As far as the Protek when mixing make sure all other nutes are mixed well before adding the Protek. It can and will precipitate out of solution if its not the last item added. Then adjust Ph accordingly.

ZONER

ZONER

Good question there, i just assumed since he was in soilless promix that he should be alright there.
Oh no you didn't say the .....ASS U ME word....Sometimes folks tend to think they need to water more often with soil less mixes. I did two years ago outdoors and forgot the K.I.S.S. method.....couldn't figure out why so many gnats....Lol. I get all supped up and tend to forget this rule.

C

cowboyz

Its not over watering I pick up the pot to see how light it is then I water or feed and I do at cal mag and pro ten first rite before I at my nuts, can that really be the problem?

Natural

Natural

hard to say what's wrong homie..you should start a thread in the infirmary with pix and reggie. I never check run-off for promix..you'd be better off with a cheap soil ph meter or take a core sample and make a slurry with distilled water. I would never flush with under-corrected solution either. Always flush with a weak nute mix at correct PH...I like to float in between 6 and 6.5. The peat is not your problem.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Silica should be added before any other nutrients. Per manufacturers instructions.

C

cowboyz

hard to say what's wrong homie..you should start a thread in the infirmary with pix and reggie. I never check run-off for promix..you'd be better off with a cheap soil ph meter or take a core sample and make a slurry with distilled water. I would never flush with under-corrected solution either. Always flush with a weak nute mix at correct PH...I like to float in between 6 and 6.5. The peat is not your problem.
I finally found the problem guys so was thing hard and though dam i havnt calibrate my pH pen in like 8 months so said to say I was hoping my pH meter was off then when I put the solution it was suppose to be @ 7 but it shows 7.8 so dam my meter was off by +.8 so where time I put in 6.5 it was really 7.3

Latest posts

Top Bottom