Solar Panel Drip Irrigation?

• Thread starter indonesia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indonesia

indonesia

doing my fist medical mountain grow. its quite a drive away from my residence so iwont be able to be around all the time. water would be my main concern. there is a well and running water but the owner doesnt want me to constantly have water running. maybe a solar panel with a water pump, big drums of filtered well water? Anyone in the same boat? i hope this is possible. its the perfect place. ill only be able to be up there 2 days a week at most unfortunately
Any outdoor advice would help. im familiar with indoor but ive read its a whole new world outside. It stays cold at night thru april. gets frost again late sept early oct. so i was thinking a hashplant, maybe even some early girls. please help! my partner and i have the know how and the time, so i want to make sure our first go comes out nice.

3G Labs

3G Labs

It's kind of like parenting, the better you want your kids to turn out, the more you have to be there for them. Couple days a week is a lot of time for things to go wrong.
But sound's like your developing a plan, set the barrels uphill plumb them to gravity feed, drip irrigation. fill the drums with a pump from the well. Hopefully the barrels don't go dry before you get back to fill them.

3G Labs

3G Labs

or before the animals eat your plants, someone steals them, chops them, hail storm, strong wind, early frost, late frost, bugs, pollen, ....... At least you're getting prepared and will have beginners luck on your side.

Paperchase

Paperchase

Thats wat um doing this year using a gravity irrigation system with irso drippers solor water timer two 50gal barrels of water and nt doing many plants so I shud be gud with that setup.HOPE U THE BEST

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
doing my fist medical mountain grow. its quite a drive away from my residence so iwont be able to be around all the time. water would be my main concern. there is a well and running water but the owner doesnt want me to constantly have water running. maybe a solar panel with a water pump, big drums of filtered well water? Anyone in the same boat? i hope this is possible. its the perfect place. ill only be able to be up there 2 days a week at most unfortunately
Any outdoor advice would help. im familiar with indoor but ive read its a whole new world outside. It stays cold at night thru april. gets frost again late sept early oct. so i was thinking a hashplant, maybe even some early girls. please help! my partner and i have the know how and the time, so i want to make sure our first go comes out nice.
Why would water be constantly running? Put drip irrigation on a decent timer and be done with it. I don't filter my well water, either. Use cover crops, spend the time early in the season to get an idea of how much water they'll need, be ready to adjust as they grow. Cover crops will be KEY to saving water.

indonesia

indonesia

prob wont use cover crops. just gonna find a way to get up there more often. Also cant use any of the properties electrical unless i beg.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What you are wanting to do is easy.
Harbor freight has solar panel kits for pretty cheap. A 500gph pump and a battery should be able to handle it.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sounds like a rookie plan. There is a lot that goes into growing, and for a beginner to only be around 2 days a week........I smell trouble. Good luck however.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is it all that much different from guerrilla growing, though?
prob wont use cover crops. just gonna find a way to get up there more often. Also cant use any of the properties electrical unless i beg.
I just saw an add for solar panels to run 3-phase pumps. Repaid on average in 2-3 years. 8th-page ad in Acres, USA. Can't recall the company, though, but there must be more than the one.

If you live in one of the areas affected by drought, I cannot emphasize strongly enough what utility you will enjoy if you utilize cover crops. In your scenario, low-growing covers that you won't have to chop as often.

indonesia

indonesia

Sounds like a rookie plan. There is a lot that goes into growing, and for a beginner to only be around 2 days a week........I smell trouble. Good luck however.
Gee if only there were a forum where people could come with questions and insightful people would respond with productive things to say. ive been indoors for 5 years, never tried outside. how about something helpful?

M

mcpuffin

We use 2500 gallon tanks & gravity. Just get a battery operated timer & ready, set, drip! It make take some tinkering to get the desired end result, but extremely simple for a no power secnario. Remember KISS, keep it simple stupid!:)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Gee if only there were a forum where people could come with questions and insightful people would respond with productive things to say. ive been indoors for 5 years, never tried outside. how about something helpful?

Did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed? @indonesia

I guess I could have gone into more questions like:

What is the flow rate of your well

What volume of water does your well hold?

What is the reclaim rate of your well?

How much water per pot will you be using per day?

How many pots?

How much water will you need all season?

Can your well handle it?

Have you researched drip systems?

What is the PSI requirement on your drip system?

What is the PSI on your outlet from your well?

Does it match up with your drip system?

That is about 5% of the questions on the top of my mind.

Like I said, it sounded like a rookie plan. It takes a lot to grow pot unlike most think.

straincreation

straincreation

When the fuck are people gonna get that beggers cant be choosers. this is not a fucking semenare that you paid for, to get you on the fast travk to growing OD. ask the right questions, and your gonna get the right answers.
Also there is info thru and thru online, not just here so why are you crying about people suggesting you ideas.

Like @Seamaiden said cover crops and timer done and done. You regected due to laziness? Idk but this is a great plan and environmentally friendly.

im usually not the one to be doing this, but you sound like a full grown man child that isnt hearing exactly what he wanted so you outsource the problem to us ha. Lol:mad:

Happy farmin;)

P.s. Did you even bother searching for a solution prior to your post. Or you just ran to the big boys for help.

Top Bottom