Solar power using grow light?

• Thread starter DJLovesDankies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DJLovesDankies

grow light feeding Solar panel?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

can i put a solar panel inside the grow room to power another thing or maybe even the light im using?

just thought about it. should it work or will i be waisting my time?

D

DJLovesDankies

damn really? can u give me a reason why not. just askin...

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I dont think it would be a waste of time if you were using LED lights or something. But the upfront cost alone for solar is alot. Im not sure how the power storing works but cloudy days would seem like a problem to me. I think the Tech is getting there and if you have the money by all means give it a shot and be a pioneer of off the grid indoor grower. Just make sure to take pics and post em so we can watch :bongsmi:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
solar panels are not effecient enough to create the watts you would need - you could run some fans or maybe cfls

talk about a perpetual garden

:smiley_joint:

S

SourPatchSwag

I think he was asking if he could use his light to power panel

I think he was trying to harness the lights power in the room not the sun. And to answer your question, yes solar operated devices work in well lit rooms, ie your calculator, so you would be able to recycle some of your power. But physics mandate that when energy is converted some is lost so you wouldn't be able to power your light or your house but smaller devices it is a possibility depending on your lighting situation. Like mother said maybe some fans, meters etc. keep recycling

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I like the idea of using them in the room to run small fans and stuff..never thought of it like that before.

squarepusher

squarepusher

the solar panel would absorb light energy, which otherwise would be reflected from the walls onto the plant leaves. So, you would be depriving your plants of light

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
what about a small panel on the top side of the bulb in a hood? most of that light gets wasted anyhow right? im sure it wouldnt do alot but just a hairbrain idea...im a little medicated:)

D

DJLovesDankies

glad i thought of this little experiment. shit if i can save a little bit of money in the long run im down but wondering what the initial investment to the out come like how much would i save or cut down on the electrical consumption. ya id probably just run a fan or pump maybe try my clone light 2 bulb fluorescent. actually found a solar powered submersible pump on ebay lol i was thinkin hmmmmm maybe i should try this for only 20 bucks fuck it

T

theTinker

I would think it far more efficent and useful to put the solar panels even in a window and run a cable. Reusing light would be so minimal. Ambient light from the sun in a window would be far more useful and provide actual extra power to the room.

A battery + panel would be better still. Charge the battery(12dcv) and run the battery into the room. It would provide power at night if enough power was generated during the day. and provide a useful voltage for the equipment. eg: car pluggable fans could be used.

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

Solar Cooling Kit for XT6AC

SKU: SOLA6
Suggested Retail: $69.95

Sola Cool - Solar Powered Cooling Fan for XT6AC

Let your reflector shoulder some of the workload with the Sola Cool Solar Powered Fan. The easy-to-install Sola Cool kit works with Hydrofarm's XT6AC reflector, and consists of a solar panel array (56 mini solar panels) and a fan. The unit easily mounts inside the reflector, which positions the fan in the center of one of the flanges. When your bulb turns on, the fan springs to life and propels a cooling breeze through your reflector.
•90 cfm fan works in conjunction with any wattage bulb.
•Draws hot air away from the bulb
•Reduces energy consumption
•Silent operation
•Easy to install - No hardware needed
•Mounts inside the reflector using 4 magnetic nuts (included)
•Recommended for single light installations
•Reflector and bulb sold separately

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

90 cfm ? not enough for ductwork but maybe a elbow up. not for me but this could help someone

IAMI

IAMI

Hello< to who this does concern
I gift onto you...Indoor Solar DWC ...1plant, 1 scrog, 1 meter.

Watts= Amps * volts.
(1) 20w air pump
(2) 120w 4bulb T5's...*96w ea....*24w fluff
(1) 600w hps
(1) 120w 6" active air fan
(1) 10w digital ballast
(1) 1058w 9000btu port. A/C

17.50 Amps>>>18+/-....5hr@100 amp hours

The Solar System...Pure Sine Wave Function
(1) 2500w Pure Sine Wave Inverter
(4) 12v 100Amp Hour Deep Cycle Batteries
(1) 30Amp Charge regulator