SolisTek Matrix. whats the word

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I am looking to do a room with digital ballasts and ive been eying these thing for a minute. Haven't seen to many other farmers using them though.

The ignition control(starting only one ballast at a time) and the pre ignition lamp check seem like nice features

They seem a lil pricey but should be able to get them for $225 eac;h from the local spot, as I'm ordering a few

Solistek matrix whats the word

germinator

germinator

My 02. Great stuff......I run two 1000w dimmables , not the latest with the remotes. Mine are bout two years old....flawless operation so far and I love all the safety features built in. Great reviews all over as well.
Totally flexible........I run one hps and one mh in my flower 5by5 tent ......cuz they are dimmables I go from 1600w in the winter to 1200w summer depending on the outside temps. Get em .....you'll love em

jinx0531

jinx0531

All I use are solis tek matrix and raptor hoods. Solis tek is hands down the best ballast I've used and I've tested a lot. I def recommend I'm running 2 in my back room and I have 4 more at a different location. Get one or 2 and u won't be disappointed! U can get them on ebay for around 250 brand new they all come with a 5 year warranty I've had all mine for about 2 1/2 years with not 1 problem.

jinx0531

jinx0531

Also solis tek just made a splitter so for every 1000 watt matrix u can run 2 600 watts from one ballast. It's awesome. I'm gonna be running 2 1000 watt matrix ballast then the 3rd will be 2 vertical 600 no hood just for extra coverage

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I been runnin 4 of the Solis Tek Matirx 1k's for about 6 mos now. I've used everything from the old green mag HTGSupply ballast, to Lumatek to the Phantoms and I would NEVER go back. Paired with the Solis Tek bulbs, I've never seen brighter, and the ballasts features are just icing on the cake. The bulbs are also made with "low e" glass which from what I've read is much clearer than normal bulb glass which translates into more usable lumens and also provides more UVB than other HPS bulbs. I had a bulb malfunction when I first set it up, called my hydro store and they had another waiting on me, then happened to speak with the Solis Tek rep a week later, told him what happened and he sent me another so I'd have a backup for future reference...cant beat that for customer service. Getting in touch with them is a phone call away and they actually seem happy to help and make you feel like you're garden is imporatant to them. I think that says a lot. Hope this helps.....good luck. MGG

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Dam positive all around then huh?
Was looking at the phantoms, but couldn't get them to knock the price down

How does the ignition control work? You have to wire up some sort of remote/trigger wire or does this automatically happen?

Their bulbs supposedly put out 5000 more lumens then the horti as well

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I used the Phanotms...good ballasts but I'd choose the Matrix hands down.

This might give ya a lil helpful info...

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Damnnnn...those are sick. Can you control 20 off one remote or do you need a remote for each is the question?

jinx0531

jinx0531

I run all mine with 1 remote. Also solis tek came out with a 10k mh bulb you need glasses to walk into your veg room there so bright lol

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

If they come out with one that runs at 400V, I'm all in.
Does any digital ballast come in that voltage? They solis tek mad ones that ran on 277v but there wasn't much interest so they stopped.

I got a buddy who sells them, in 2 years he says he's only had to return 3 out of every hundred. I'm running a shit load of solis teks, 600's for veg and 1ks for flower, I'll be picking up more next week. Only brand ill buy. Never used the matrix because they cost a few bucks more, but I know a few growers who do and love them.

ttystikk

ttystikk

@KitsapGrapeApe Not the input voltage; that stays at 120/240V. I'm talking about the OUTput voltage to the bulb itself; the new Philips Greenpower double ended 1kW bulbs run at 400V, powered by ballasts designed for them from Gavita and ePapillon, presumably others will develop ballasts for the new standard as well.

If Solis Tek can get one on the market soon enough, they'll win my dollars...

HINT, HINT, guys! :watching:

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

@KitsapGrapeApe Not the input voltage; that stays at 120/240V. I'm talking about the OUTput voltage to the bulb itself; the new Philips Greenpower double ended 1kW bulbs run at 400V, powered by ballasts designed for them from Gavita and ePapillon, presumably others will develop ballasts for the new standard as well.

If Solis Tek can get one on the market soon enough, they'll win my dollars...

HINT, HINT, guys! :watching:
Oh didn't think about that I haven't really used any of those yet. I should try one of these days.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Downloadfile 1 1
Oh didn't think about that I haven't really used any of those yet. I should try one of these days.

I like the higher lumens per watt output, the improved spectrum... and the fact that the bulbs only lose 5% of their initial lumens over three full years of operation. Any one of those would be worth the upgrade in itself; all three together means the other option is obsolete and undesirable if you're buying new gear.

Straight up; I'm never buying a digital ballast on the old ANSI S52 standard again. The new stuff is available, proven and cost competitive to buy- and far cheaper to run in terms of lumens on leaves per watt burned, nevermind the three year bulb replacement interval. Why wouldn't everyone do it?

Last edited:
twist1

twist1

Only ONE problem with those new ballasts; (per Gavita) they can't be mounted vertically. They said definitely NOT for the 1000w, and they do NOT recommend it for the 600.

twist1

twist1

Also solis tek just made a splitter so for every 1000 watt matrix u can run 2 600 watts from one ballast. It's awesome. I'm gonna be running 2 1000 watt matrix ballast then the 3rd will be 2 vertical 600 no hood just for extra coverage

I was thinking of using the splitter in my veg room: 600hps and 400mh (horizontal).

Flower room will have 1000hps (vertical).

Thoughts?

Do you use a flip box of any sort?

Top Bottom