Solo Cup Christmas Tree: Who's In?!?

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

Not a bad idea. I had the idea of no restrictions on time. The limiting factor should be the room you have in the cup.

I mean the point is to see who can grow the most bud in solo cup, if it takes 2 or 3 weeks longer to do that, so be it 😆

But I didn't start this contest, so I have to play by the rules 🤣
Makes sense cause you could trim the roots like bonsai, and make a huge plant in a solo cup, without time constraints.

707finisher

707finisher

The only limitation with that is the foliage has to be pruned back with the roots or the leaves will start dying. The roots support leafs, from what I understand, General bonsai rule, if you cut the roots you prune the plant so they don’t die back etc. idk that’s just bonsai, maybe weed would do better.
I have 0 experience root pruning weed

I put my entry in my flower tent shortly after it came up out of the dirt, probably why they seem so much shorter, no veg time, probably should have vegged for a month, but this is my test to lol.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

The only limitation with that is the foliage has to be pruned back with the roots or the leaves will start dying. The roots support leafs, from what I understand, General bonsai rule, if you cut the roots you prune the plant so they don’t die back etc. idk that’s just bonsai, maybe weed would do better.
I have 0 experience root pruning weed

I put my entry in my flower tent shortly after it came up out of the dirt, probably why they seem so much shorter, no veg time, probably should have vegged for a month, but this is my test to lol.

You are correct. It's part of what makes small grows tricky. Plants need roots to support flowers and leaves, if you take up all your root room in veg, your flower will not be very productive. Trimming your roots will only hurt your plant in terms of grow time, size and plant stress.

But don't take it from me! Try it out, solo cup experiments are fun!

basscaptain

basscaptain

Not a bad idea. I had the idea of no restrictions on time. The limiting factor should be the room you have in the cup.

I mean the point is to see who can grow the most bud in solo cup, if it takes 2 or 3 weeks longer to do that, so be it 😆

But I didn't start this contest, so I have to play by the rules 🤣
Hold the Fuck up.. the rules were about 0 till you started with the clones....

Then I started to try and move the only real rule around........

Now this has bite me in the azz also... lol

So I'm down for Screw the rules LOL

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Here she is a week since flipping into 12/12. 9 days to be technical. Im watering once a day and feeding every 3rd day. Shes a hungry little girl. You can see my other experiments too in the second picture. Once again, I apologize for the missed time. Im reading and catching up from when I last posted.

Solo1
Solo3
Seraphine

Seraphine

Here she is a week since flipping into 12/12. 9 days to be technical. Im watering once a day and feeding every 3rd day. Shes a hungry little girl. You can see my other experiments too in the second picture. Once again, I apologize for the missed time. Im reading and catching up from when I last posted.
Nice looking plants, good job!

BigCube

BigCube

Hold the Fuck up.. the rules were about 0 till you started with the clones....

Then I started to try and move the only real rule around........

Now this has bite me in the azz also... lol

So I'm down for Screw the rules LOL

Lol. That's why I said to ask. Cause exceptions were being made in some cases.

There were rules before I even saw this thread... I never asked for an exception.... I didn't start on any "clones". You announced clones would be accepted, then I made one.

Not sure where you got all that from but I'm not comfortable being your whipping boy 🤣

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

How's everyone's coming along? I've noticed I'm watering more and feeding more even though the plant is smaller. I still haven't popped any pistols yet but I am expecting them any day now. I trained it out a little more this morning pulling outwards as she stretches. I'll get a picture up after this evening. Small sign of needing cal-mag. I'll more then likely add it in feed and water instead of just the feed. Other then that not too much going on my way.

Mattyice

Mattyice

I wonder if we could just flip any time as long as all plants have finished flowering by a certain date? So instead of a mandatory start date and end date, it would just be a mandatory end date.
Good idea

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Honestly I think the rules are more of just a guideline to the grow itself. Keep it in a Solo or close to a Solo size. I flip date was something just brought in. It would be very hard to get finishers all at once because of the different strains being grown. Honestly, whenever the plant is ready just submit it for your final unedited picture. If we need to wait an extra week or two for people to finish then so be it. I think the flip date was a little better because you wont have people vegging for 4 months then flipping. If that makes any sense at all....

Top Bottom