Solo Cup Christmas Tree: Who's In?!?

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

Flipping on new year? 5 weeks veg for a solo cup?

I'm more of a do whatever you want kinda guy lol. The entire point (as far as I gathered) is to see who can get the best yield out of a solo cup. Setting time and starting state restraints has more of a who has the faster growing strain contest feel to it.

Just for fun, I'm going to do one. But not follow any of the restrictions. I've never actually tried to go start to finish in a solo cup. I'Ve flowered a solo cup before, but I've never started with the intent of maximum yield in a solo cup. So should be fun!
your just a PITA.................................... LOL :)

BigCube

BigCube

I'll give you guys a tip though. You might not want to veg the full 5weeks.
Yeah I'm actually kind of curious how silly I can get with it and see how far I can push it. I'm not going to hold anything back.

For sure! If I was to start a solo cup contest, I would just set an end date.
I thought of getting ahold of the forum owner and make an official contest.

I would pay him for seeds, and have them given to the winner(s) or whatever.
But the only rules would be:

1. Has to be in a single 16oz solotype cup.
2. Roots must be contained inside the cup protruding no more than one half of one inch.
3. No Cup modifications other than that for drainage and training.
4. A diary must be kept on this forum of the grow from start to finish, clone/seed to dry product.
5. Must be dried and weight by (Insert date 4 months from the day contest starts)

Winner would get like $50 to $100 gift card or something. Who knows would have to work that out with forum owner.

Hmm, got me thinking of a new non solo cup contest.. 🤣

Eight

Eight

I guess it's a do what tf ever. Hell, I just started 6 clones last week. I'm just putting a CBd in a solo, and growing the other out I guess. I could just pop a clone in a solo also lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Me also ....:(

I'm ready to say Clones to if you cut it right Now :( lol
All right one of the first I forget what I even dropped for this h h x w something or w w x whatever it is. I'll have to mark it I've got quite a few things going right now so I forget exactly what it was. But one of the original Beans popped the Taproot has a little black on it I'm going to roll with it f*** kit

The other 2 ..12 hrs later still on top of the water....

I'll be putting this seed in a half paper towel in the black box all the rest of the pieces are small like quarters or less there won't be any mistake what seed is what the other ones that are in the Black Box star plumbers Chemgophers they didn't pop up far enough to go in the solos they'll have to sit another day..

Using Rainwater and that's why there's little stuff floating in it because it's just stuff that was in one of my buckets
I love my rainwater!! lol
And the bassman got a lot goin on knowwwww! Lmao

Monster762

Monster762

I'll give you guys a tip though. You might not want to veg the full 5weeks.

For sure! If I was to start a solo cup contest, I would just set an end date.
I thought of getting ahold of the forum owner and make an official contest.

I would pay him for seeds, and have them given to the winner(s) or whatever.
But the only rules would be:

1. Has to be in a single 16oz solotype cup.
2. Roots must be contained inside the cup protruding no more than one half of one inch.
3. No Cup modifications other than that for drainage and training.
4. A diary must be kept on this forum of the grow from start to finish, clone/seed to dry product.
5. Must be dried and weight by (Insert date 4 months from the day contest starts)

Winner would get like $50 to $100 gift card or something. Who knows would have to work that out with forum owner.

Hmm, got me thinking of a new non solo cup contest.. 🤣
Yeah its a lot of veg for a solo cup. Why im not too worried my seed is being stubborn. Got plenty time to max a solo cup out.

V

Vondank420

I guess it's a do what tf ever. Hell, I just started 6 clones last week. I'm just putting a CBd in a solo, and growing the other out I guess. I could just pop a clone in a solo also lol
Sounds like a game plan. I'll keep both clone and seeds going just in case...

Eight

Eight

Sounds like a game plan. I'll keep both clone and seeds going just in case...
Eh, I need my clones but I'm flowering 4 out this round instead of 5. Just going to veg them out a little more. That gives me room for the solo. The other 2 are for clippings for next round.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Couldn’t get s good pic, but 1 out of 2 cracked gonna leave it one more day before I thro it in the cup
Shopping in Wally World today my wife pointed out some coloured 16 oz solo cups and I guess the ones I have were 12oz. Sooo I had to upgrade, I'm not competing in a 16oz solo cup challenge in 12oz cups😊. So I transplanted my sprout to the larger cup when I got home. Let the show begin.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Shopping in Wally World today my wife pointed out some coloured 16 oz solo cups and I guess the ones I have were 12oz. Sooo I had to upgrade, I'm not competing in a 16oz solo cup challenge in 12oz cups😊. So I transplanted my sprout to the larger cup when I got home. Let the show begin.
Oh crap! Maybe mines a 12 oz too? Now I got to go check it :/

Edit: It's 14oz. ??

Full red cup with two ounces leftover out of 16 ounces..

I'm okay with it, sometimes you gotta dance with the one that brung ya! ✌

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom