soluble mycorrhizae for hand watering organic coco

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

hi

i will grow in 20% worm casts + 80% coco mix (hand watering) with biobizz nutes (bloom grow topmax root juice )

i want to add Mycorrhiza for extra microherd.
However,i couldnt find here almost anything. (i dont live in UK nor USA )

i have been searching everywhere for Mycorrhiza and finally i could find that product.it is soluble Mycorrhiza ,seaweed and humic acid .please look at the the link :

http://www.rootsinc.com/products/product data sheets/endoRoots soluble.pdf

endo ROOTS®
MYCORRHIZA INOCULANT

EndoMycorrhiza (VAM) for Greenhouse and Nursery

A NON PLANT FOOD PRODUCT

Guaranteed Analysis

Active Ingredient:
27.55% Mycorrhiza (# viable organisms/gram)
Glomus intraradices. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25
Glomus mosseae . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24
Glomus aggregatum . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24
Glomus clarum . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Glomus monosporus . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Glomus deserticola. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Glomus brasilianum . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Glomus etunicatum . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Gigaspora margarita . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Inert Ingredients:
28.70% Humic Acids
18.00% Cold Water Kelp Extracts
12.00% Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
6.00% Amino Acids
2.50% myo-Inositol
2.50% Surfactant
1.75% Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
1.00% Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E)

GREENHOUSE & NURSERY PRODUCTION:
To inoculate Container Blocks or Propagation Beds: 1 lb. in 100 gallons of water will treat up to 1,000 sq. feet
of area as a drench, depending on container size or bed depth. Make sure the final mix penetrates the root
zone of the target plant. Mycorrhiza fungi must have root contact for good inoculation. For best results, use
enough mix to wet the root zone thoroughly. For plants in containers, drench to run-off.
Outplanting/Installation: Add 1 lb. to 100 gallons of water and use as a dip for container stock or as a drench
at planting.
MEDIA INOCULATION: 1 lb. in 50 gallons of water will treat one cubic yard of porous media. Do not
allow media to become hot (above 130° F) from composting.
DEEP ROOT APPLICATION/INJECTION OF ENDOMYCORRHIZAL TREES AND
SHRUBS: Add 1 lb. to 150 gallons of water and inject about ½ gallon mix per hole into root zone in a grid
pattern (2-3 foot centers) around the drip line. One lb. treats 4,000 to 5,000 sq. ft.

GENERAL DIRECTIONS:
One pound of endoROOTS® Mycorrhiza Inoculant contains 35,000 propagules of Vesicular Arbuscular
Mycorrhiza (EndoMycorrhiza). This product will treat propagation beds and blocks up to 1,000 square feet.
endoROOTS® Mycorrhiza Inoculant will inoculate all endomycorrhizal greenhouse and nursery plants. This
product is not intended for ectomycorrhizal plants such as conifers and oaks, or plants such as azaleas, rhododendrons
and orchids.
Application Instructions and Rates:
• After adding product to water, agitate thoroughly. • Diluted product will pass through a 40-mesh (420
• Use all mixed product within 24 hours for maximum micron) screen. Do not use screens finer than this.
effectiveness • One application should be sufficient to inoculate with
• For smaller quantities of mix, use ½ounce (½Tbs or 1½tsp) mycorrhizal fungi.
of product per gallon of water.
• This product is not recommended for greenhouse proportioner injection systems.
endo ROOTS®
MYCORRHIZA INOCULANT
SEEDING, HYDROSEEDING AND SOD INSTALLATION: endoROOTS® Mycorrhiza Inoculant is not recommended
for hydroseeding or spraying on seeded areas. For rapid germination and coverage of seeded
wild flowers, erosion control plantings and seeded or sodded turfgrasses use endoROOTS® Granular.

i can only find this product here as MYCORRHIZA and it is soluble,not granules.

can i use that product ?is it suitable for ''our purpose '' ?

how much and when should i use it ?

PS: it is my only chance to add MYCORRHIZA .

Thanks for your opinions

G

Gymshoes

Mychoiziae, er, mychorizomes, er, GOOD MICROBES!

My uncle Jack always says "Feed the dirt"... i guess he means the dirt, being alive (hopefully) with beneficial microbes and bacteria, needs to be fed in order to produce the ideal symbiotic environment between them critters and your plants roots. That sound right? :rasta:

C

charlesweedmore

@AquaLabTech

i can only find this product here as MYCORRHIZA and it is soluble,not granules.
@Gymshoes
what do you mean ?
can i use that product ?

K

keyplay

The product you listed will be fine and safe and yes, its good for what we do. Its probably expensive though. I have 2 sources for you. http://www.super-grow.biz/Products.jsp Mycco maxx is pennies per plant and good stuff. They will ship anywhere except Canada.
The 2nd is my favorite
Contained within are living vegetative organisms that can fix nitrogen from the air. They establish a symbiotic relationship almost immediately with the plant. AWESOME!!!! PM me if you need a source.

G

GDK

Umm i think sannie carries some sort of myco....sanniesshop.com.
Or try lookin up Trichoderma from Canna..tho i think it might have changed the name to akTRIvator.

Stay Safe

hubcap

hubcap

nice links keyplay.

anyone out there try sannies bacto (BAC) in coco?

A

andytoker

these mycorrhizae are often plant specific or plant group specific. when you cut your plants down and the roots die this is what triggers the fungi to produce spores. i am thinking of using a little of the old dirt from my cut down plants (left a couple of weeks) as a innoculant to get the right fungus in my new soil quickly and cheeply.

had anyone tried this? - what do you reckon?
obviously it would be a problem if there had been any soil based problems weith the previous plants but apart from that i thinki it could work. Thats pretty much how they manufacture the myco as far as i know - except they dont use weed plants ;)

Aligee

Aligee

GreatWhite premium mycorrhizae beneficial bacteria & trichoderma PlantRevolutionInc.!

S

Snookster

these mycorrhizae are often plant specific or plant group specific. when you cut your plants down and the roots die this is what triggers the fungi to produce spores. i am thinking of using a little of the old dirt from my cut down plants (left a couple of weeks) as a innoculant to get the right fungus in my new soil quickly and cheeply.

had anyone tried this? - what do you reckon?
obviously it would be a problem if there had been any soil based problems weith the previous plants but apart from that i thinki it could work. Thats pretty much how they manufacture the myco as far as i know - except they dont use weed plants ;)

Sannie, from Sannie's seeds, does this all the time. Info can be found on his web site.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Isn't canna trichoderma this stuff? I'm sure it is. It's for the exact same purpose anyway. Beneficial bacteria that live in the soil/coco/water/medium and on the roots, promote new growth, and protect the roots from diseases and fungi attacks etc. It's water soluble, and you only need add it once, the things multiply themselves then.

I had a 10gram tub of it. 1 gram per 10 litres i think it was. Said to use once when first potting up your plants. Am sure it had that mycocerrcia or whatever in it.

Z

zoeronerer

www.reforest.com this guy makes and sells the best i have used its $120 us for a 20 lb bag.....you have to tell him what kind of climate you are growing in he uses several different species depending on location. i got this from a pulmaria farmer in hawaii thanks doc love........ its pro the grains are larger than plant success etc when the grains are small or its powdered it crushes the spores which are large in size i have been told.....most have a 60% germ rate his is closer to 100% it rulessssssssssssssss.

B

been

I've heard trichoderma and mycorrhizae cancel each other out, and since coco is already naturally high in trichoderma, there would be no reason to use anything else. Isn't Bio-Bizz already broken down for your plants anyway?

R

ReelBusy1

I just started using this from Humboldt Nutrients:
Myco Madness
Soluble

Myco Madness contains a biologically active package, 8 mycorrhizal species, 12 beneficial bacteria and 2 Trichoderma species well-suited to a variety of media, soil conditions, climates and plants.

Myco Madness contains mycorrhizal fungi that colonize plant roots and extend the root system into the surrounding media, greatly enhancing the absorptive surface area of root systems.

Myco Madness helps in forming an essential link between the plant roots, organic matter and fertilizers of all types. Also included is a specially formulated natural root booster.

Myco Madness helps plants enjoy improved nutrient and water uptake and superior plant performance.

Humboldt Nutrients, employed one of the leading mycologists in mycorrhizae studies to help in the formulation of this yield and quality-enhancing product. Many university studies have proven the superiority of products created by this mycologist.

DIRECTIONS:
Soil Application: Mix 0.50 tsp per 1 gallon of non-chlorinated water. Use as a soil drench in porous media. Apply during vegetative stage and for the first two weeks in bloom stage.

Myco Madness is an extremely fine powder, as a result humidity and temperature can affect both the volume, and weight of the product.

Keep Myco Madness in a dry, cool place and always shake the container before use, allowing more accurate measurements to be taken.

Hydroponics Application
Drain to Waste:
Mix 0.50 tsp per 1 gallon of reservoir water. Use non-chlorinated water when using Myco Madness. Apply during vegetative stage and for the first two weeks in bloom stage.
Recirculating system:
Mix 0.50 tsp per 1 gallon with each nutrient change during the vegetative stage and for the first two weeks in bloom stage. Use non-chlorinated water when using Myco Madness.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Mycorrhiza:
Endomycorrhiza/cc
Glomus aggregatum……………………8 spores per cc
Glomus intraradices……………………8 spores per cc
Glomus mosseae……………………….8 spores per cc
Glomus entunicatum…………………...8 spores per cc
Glomus monosporum………………..…2 spores per cc
Glomus deserticola…………………..…2 spores per cc
Glomus clarum…………………………2 spores per cc
Tricoderma:
Trichoderma koningii 187,000 spores per cc