Solvent Hose

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

Solvent hose 2
Can I use teflon lined steel braided fuel line for r600? Also would like to use the an-4(1/4" jic) fittings that aren't pressed into the hose but tightend on. there ment for high psi applications but there anodized aluminum I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.. the savings doing it this way would be huge
Solvent hose 3

Solvent hose
Graywolf

Graywolf

They will work, but to certify, we had to use a carbon filled PTFE stainless overbraided hose, that met UL-21.

We use 304SS JIC fittings instead of anodized aluminum.

D

dabarino

They will work, but to certify, we had to use a carbon filled PTFE stainless overbraided hose, that met UL-21.

We use 304SS JIC fittings instead of anodized aluminum.

Ok I'm not lookin to get anything certified I'll run my gas leak detector over all the fitings.. and the anodized aluminum won't be affected by r-600 at all?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Anodized aluminum would not be my first choice but Cole Palmer rates aluminum and butane as excellent. https://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

Aluminum is typically not used with LPG, because of the possibility of sulfur compounds, which in our application should be relatively low.

D

dabarino

ill see what a hose shop charges to crimp stainless fittings on but its good to know i can use those if i have to. thanks graywolf

Top Bottom